Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to include an image?

1. Apr 27, 2007 #1
    I feel stupid, but I can't find the "help" to use the forum. What I'm looking-for is what to do to include an image in a post.
    Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 27, 2007 #2
    there is [​IMG] button when you post.

or, you can type this thing:

[IMG]https://www.physicsforums.com/Prime/theme/Prime_Logo.gif[/IMG]

and it turns into:

[​IMG]

4. Apr 27, 2007 #3
    hmmm... according to this it should not work.

5. Apr 27, 2007 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I believe that images are only enabled in this and the General Discussion Forum. You can tell by looking at the bottom left corner of the page when making a new post. There is a box that indicates if images are enabled - On or Off. If they aren't, only the link will appear.

You can also attach images by using the "manage attachments" button when making a new post [not quick replies].

6. Apr 27, 2007 #5
    Thanks! Some explanations really need an image.
    It is the "manage attachments" button what I needed.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  7. May 5, 2007 #6

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Would it be desirable to allow IMG tags in other forums? There are occasions where images/diagrams could be helpful in an explanation; it is rather cumbersome to provide a web link at the bottom of your post to the image and attachments tend to take a while to be approved.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?