Integrating MathJax into XenForo: A Simple Solution

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter jy76
  • Start date
  • Tags
    install
In summary, the conversation discusses using Mathjax for displaying mathematical equations on websites. The speaker suggests checking out the Mathjax website and the Physics Forums for tutorials and resources on implementing it. They also mention that Mathjax is included in web pages and can be configured to replace LaTeX code with images or canvas of the rendered equation. The potential use of a latex mod is also mentioned, but the speaker believes it is not necessary and suggests simply including the Mathjax script in the header.
jy76
Any tutorials or mods out there - free or paid?

Physics news on Phys.org
Mathjax is included in the web,page and when loading discovers the latex code based on the tagging used and replaces it with an image or canvas with the rendered equation.

You could look at how the PF pages do it. PF is hosted on XenForo software so you could check with @Greg Bernhardt if there's anything special that he does to make it work,

No mod is needed, it's just a simple javascript library and you do a little configuration.

The problem I see with the mod is the background is white and I'd rather it match the blue color of my forum.

jy76 said:
The problem I see with the mod is the background is white and I'd rather it match the blue color of my forum.
I don't see what this has to do with mathjax

I don't know the details about the stuff - but I can figure it out eventually. Possibly mathjax renders things differently.

Forget about the addon. Just include the mathjax script in the header and you're good to go.

1. How do I install XenForo on my website?

To install XenForo on your website, you will need to first purchase a license from the official website. Once you have the license, you can download the installation package and follow the instructions provided in the installation guide. You will need to have basic knowledge of FTP and MySQL to complete the installation process.

2. Can I install XenForo on any hosting platform?

Yes, you can install XenForo on any hosting platform that supports PHP and MySQL. However, it is recommended to have a hosting platform with at least 1GB of RAM and dedicated resources for optimal performance.

3. Do I need coding knowledge to install XenForo?

No, you do not need coding knowledge to install XenForo. The installation process is straightforward and can be completed by following the provided instructions in the installation guide.

4. Is it possible to install XenForo on a subdomain?

Yes, you can install XenForo on a subdomain. You will need to create a subdomain through your hosting provider and follow the same installation process as you would for a regular domain.

5. Can I transfer my existing forum to XenForo?

Yes, it is possible to transfer your existing forum to XenForo. You can use the provided import tools to transfer data from popular forum platforms such as phpBB, vBulletin, and IPB. However, it is recommended to seek professional assistance for a smooth and error-free transfer.