1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to interpolate with a FIR filter

1. Sep 28, 2007 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

I have a signal that I want to interpolate 625 times, and then decimate 12 times to get the decired result. I've read that the best way of doing this is to use a polyphase FIR filter with zero stuffing. I was planning to use steps of 5 for the interpolation, and steps of 4 at the decimation. The problem is that I'm kind of new to digital signal processing, so I don't know how to find the coeffisients for the FIR filter. I have downloaded ScopeFIR, a program that can generate FIR filter coeffisients, but there are several parameters that I have to set:

-What type of filter: Simple Parks-McClellan, Advanced Parks-McClellan, Windowed Sinc, Raised Cosine, Lth-Band (Nyquist), Inport/Boxcar, Maximally Flat, CIC

-Passband upper frequency

-Stopband lower frequency

-Passband ripple

-Stopband Attenuation

I would be very grateful if someone could help me with these parameters, or give me a guide for finding these coeffisients in another way!

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

I've read an enormous amount of webpages regarding this, but I just don't understand it. I have already done the programming of the filter, the only problem is finding thos coeffisients.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2007
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?