Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to make a girl fall in love with you?

1. Jun 20, 2012 #1
    So there is this girl I like. I want to make her love me. Can anyone teach me how to?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 20, 2012 #2

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Nope.

4. Jun 20, 2012 #3

Astronuc

One cannot make another love one. Love is a gift given freely and not by force.

One can certainly be kind and thoughtful toward the other person of interest, but without expectation of favor in return. One could be friends with the other.

5. Jun 20, 2012 #4

sas3

Gold Member

No, but I probably could teach you how to make her hate you.

Feelings are strange aren't they...

Just tell her how you feel and see what happens.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  6. Jun 20, 2012 #5

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Bolding of the text is my doing.

Anyway, you sound that you care a lot about what you want. What about what she wants?? Will you make her happy? Are you honestly the best choice for her??

If you want to start a relationship, then you should just try to be yourself around her. If you think she likes you, then you should tell her how you feel.

Don't appear different than how you really are. It might work, but then she won't really love you, she'll love the role you play.

7. Jun 20, 2012 #6
    Error! Error! Error!

8. Jun 20, 2012 #7

turbo

Gold Member

Rule #1 - Be nice. Rule #2 - Be nice. This is a repeating series, in case you haven't figured it out. Just be nice.

9. Jun 20, 2012 #8

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Get a friend to surreptitiously push her over a (moderately high) cliff. Be ready to take her into your arms and make her feel that you saved her from certain death.
    :smile:

10. Jun 20, 2012 #9
    Ah finally some ideas coming in.. lol.

3 errors are not enough! should be 10^99 errors there.

Error! nice is not enough!

This.. is.. a perfect idea if it can work.. but unfortunately impractical for me..

11. Jun 20, 2012 #10

Lisa!

Gold Member

And if he'd fail to save her...:uhh:

12. Jun 20, 2012 #11
    Well I am no superman or goku..

13. Jun 20, 2012 #12
    Evo gave the best advise once: "A confident, pleasant attitude will work wonders for you."

"Confident" is probably the more important of the two. "Nice", by itself, can present as obsequious if it's not allied with confidence.

14. Jun 20, 2012 #13

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Then he can kill himself after he has killed his friend for having killed his girl friend, topping "Titus Andronicus" in gore production. :smile:

15. Jun 20, 2012 #14

turbo

Gold Member

Maybe he just could be nice, instead. I mean really decent, not sucking up or backhanded 'compliments' like "you don't sweat much for a fat girl". Be nice - that's all it takes. Decent people get a lot of attention from the opposite sex (or the same sex), but all you have to do is be nice.

16. Jun 20, 2012 #15

Evo

Let's keep it PG in here.

17. Jun 20, 2012 #16

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Ok, I'll keep my advices strictly along the lines of Titus Andronicus, Medea and other love stories of that ilk. :smile:

18. Jun 20, 2012 #17

sas3

Gold Member

This reminds me of a movie called "The Tao of Steve".

19. Jun 20, 2012 #18

DaveC426913

Gold Member

You are asking the wrong question. I have corrected it.

So there is this girl I like. I want to her to like me back. Can anyone teach me how to?

If you are starting from love, it doesn't bode well for where it'll go. Love is a mutual thing, earned through time and trust.

20. Jun 20, 2012 #19

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

No, that will never work. Once the friend pushes her over the cliff, you have to save her. Being nice just won't be enough.

But I do agree telling someone that just plunged 500 feet from a cliff that they don't sweat much for a flat girl would be pretty tasteless.

Unless the friend pushed her over a 6 foot cliff and you failed to save her. Then being nice might be enough. She'd still probably be in a bad mood no matter what you did, though.

21. Jun 20, 2012 #20
    1) Become a famous multi-billionaire
    2) Send her flowers hand-delivered with a sincere endorsement of your character by Johnny Depp.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook