How to Make a Simple Submission Forum

• Thread starter Matt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Forum
In summary, making a simple submission forum involves creating a form where users can input their submissions and a back-end system to store and display those submissions. The form should include fields for relevant information and a submit button. The back-end system should have a database to store the submissions and a way to display them on the forum page. It is important to consider security measures and user-friendly design when creating a submission forum. Regular maintenance and monitoring of submissions is also necessary to ensure the forum runs smoothly.
Matt
Ok, I need to learn how to make two parts:

One part of the site needs to be like this:

http://answers.google.com/answers/main?cmd=askquestion (thats the submission part)

The other half I need to look like this:

http://answers.google.com/answers/main?cmd=search&catid=1500

Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
The more I think about it, I don't really need the forum, but I do need the type of submission on that first link above - is this just straight up HTML code?

To create a simple submission forum, you will need to have some basic web development knowledge and access to a website hosting platform. Here are the steps to create the two parts mentioned in your question:

1. Submission Form:
- Create a form using HTML that includes fields for the user to input their question, name, email, and any other necessary information.
- Add a submit button that will send the form data to a designated email address.
- You can also use HTML and CSS to style the form to match the design of the Google Answers submission page.
- Once the form is complete, upload it to your website hosting platform and make sure it is accessible to users.

2. Search Page:
- Create a page using HTML and CSS that will display the search results for submitted questions.
- Use a server-side scripting language like PHP or ASP to retrieve the submitted questions from the email and display them on the search page.
- You can also add filters and sorting options to the search page to make it more user-friendly.
- Upload the search page to your website hosting platform and make sure it is accessible to users.

With these two parts in place, users will be able to submit their questions through the submission form and then search for them on the search page. You can also add additional features and functionalities to enhance the forum, such as user registration and login, categories for questions, and a rating system for answers. Good luck!

What is a submission forum?

A submission forum is an online platform where users can post and share information, ideas, or opinions on a particular topic. It allows for easy communication and collaboration among a community of users.

What are the benefits of having a simple submission forum?

A simple submission forum allows for quick and easy sharing of information without the need for complicated features. It also promotes open communication and fosters a sense of community among users.

How do I create a simple submission forum?

To create a simple submission forum, you will need to have basic web development skills such as HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. You can also use pre-made templates or website builders to create a submission forum without coding.

What features should a simple submission forum have?

A simple submission forum should have basic features such as a user registration and login system, the ability to create and post content, and a search function. It should also have a clean and user-friendly interface.

How can I ensure the security of my simple submission forum?

To ensure the security of your simple submission forum, you can use secure login systems, regular backups, and implement security measures such as captcha to prevent spam and unauthorized access. It is also essential to regularly update your forum's software to fix any security vulnerabilities.