How to make money from my site?

• Thread starter Gitar
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Money
In summary, the conversation discusses ways to monetize a website related to math and physics, with the main concern being targeted ads. The options mentioned include Adsense, Clicksor, and affiliate programs such as Targetpoint, Consumer Junction, e-bay.com, and Amazon.com. The speaker also mentions caution against fraudulent programs and asks for recommendations on reliable programs that pay in a timely manner. The conversation ends with a request for the site's name to potentially offer further assistance.
Gitar
Hi

I have a site related to math and physics and I have 3000 page view per day.
I would like to make some money, but I don't know how. I heard about the affiliate programs like Adsense or Clicksor, but I'm not sure if they serve targeted ads.
If I go with an affiliate I want the ads to be related to the topic of my site. What are my options?
And ofcourse, the most important thing, to make good money.
Any suggestion would be great.
Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Gitar said:
Hi

I would like to make some money, but I don't know how. I heard about the affiliate programs like Adsense or Clicksor, but I'm not sure if they serve targeted ads.
If I go with an affiliate I want the ads to be related to the topic of my site. What are my options?
Thanks

Adsense and consumer junction both serve targeted ads. Also check e-bay.com and amazon.com for their programs.

Be VERY cautious about using anyone else. There are many fraudulant types out there who will rip you off...yes, mine is the voice of experience.

Thanks for the advise Mijoon!

I will take it into consideration. I just read about a new PPC affiliate program from Targetpoint(http://publisher.targetpoint.com/aboutinfo/), but they are new...
I really like their site, it seems professional, they give me full control over the design so I can match the banners with my site, and their payment option includes paypal too.
But if you say that this could be fraud, I don't know...
Maybe I will go with Adsense or CJ, like you said.
But are they paying in time?
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
When you talk about it on public forums, you should mention the URL.
That could help. :wink:

Or at least enter it where it is asked for - I don't see "Visit Gitar's Homepage" on clicking your username.

I checked also e-bay.com for their program. It looks interesting...

Gitar said:
Hi

Thanks
What is the name of that site ?

Admin note: please note that, per PF guidelines, "advertising for personal gain of any kind is not permitted in any forum."

- Warren

1. How can I attract more visitors to my site?

To attract more visitors to your site, you can use various digital marketing techniques such as search engine optimization, social media marketing, and email marketing. It is also important to regularly create high-quality and relevant content to keep visitors engaged and coming back to your site.

2. What are some ways to monetize my site?

Some common ways to monetize your site include displaying ads, affiliate marketing, selling products or services, and offering membership or subscription options. You can also explore partnerships and collaborations with other businesses or individuals in your niche.

3. How do I determine the best pricing for my products or services?

The best pricing for your products or services will depend on various factors such as your target audience, competition, and production costs. It is important to conduct market research and analyze your costs to determine a competitive and profitable pricing strategy.

4. Should I offer discounts or promotions to attract customers?

Offering discounts or promotions can be an effective way to attract new customers and increase sales. However, it is important to carefully plan and strategize these offers to avoid devaluing your products or services. You may also want to consider offering exclusive discounts or promotions to your loyal customers.

5. How can I track my site's revenue and performance?

There are various tools and software available to track your site's revenue and performance, such as Google Analytics, which can provide valuable insights on your website traffic, conversion rates, and revenue. You can also set up specific goals and key performance indicators (KPIs) to track your progress and make informed decisions for your site's growth.