Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to manage Microsoft products

1. Dec 24, 2003 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This was recently recommended to me to help clean up messy Windows issues...like hidden files.

http://www.microsuck.com

Link fixed. The forum software wouldn't allow the old name [it had dirty words in it]. Luckily an new name is available.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2003
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 24, 2003 #2
    Put them in the trash.

4. Dec 24, 2003 #3
    Yes i agree. Or you can take your pc running a microsoft OS and throw it through a window.

5. Dec 24, 2003 #4

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

A different sort of defenestration is more practical...

6. Dec 24, 2003 #5

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Quick definitions (Defenestration)

noun: the act of throwing someone or something out of a window

Hurkyl, this is the second time that an attempt to fisk your post requires a trip to the dictionary.

7. Dec 24, 2003 #6

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yah, yah, it's a big stretch, but I thought it was amusing when I first heard the joke. :smile:

"The Defenestration of Prague" was always my most favoritely named historical event, thus I've always remembered the term, and love the rare chances I get to work it into everyday conversation. :smile:

P.S. What was the other time? And I can't find "Fisk" in the dictionary

8. Dec 24, 2003 #7

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I wondered where you got that! I assumed it was not just a paraffle; like my responses.

9. Dec 24, 2003 #8

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Fisk didn't come up on mine either. Essentially it means to scrutinize an argument in great detail.

Also, I'm not sure when, but I think actually on two other occasions your vocabulary forced me to hit the dictionary.

Here is my favorite useless word.
    paneity
    n. Theology, state of being merely bread.

Worthless words dictionary
    http://home.mn.rr.com/wwftd/

10. Dec 24, 2003 #9
    Windows is a wonderful, robust, stable and secure operating system. It has a unique user friendly interface which is highly customizable. Microsoft rarely releases security patches since there's not much exploits to it. Bill Gates means well, he wants a computer in every home...running Windows.

11. Dec 25, 2003 #10
    And I remember something out of South Park:
    -Bill, you said windows 98 will be stronger, better and faster on the internet...
    -Well, it is... *strange noises*...

he computer seemed to work fine atferwards. do you know what the strange noises were?

12. Dec 25, 2003 #11
    Then you should definitely test new MS product WondowsRG... Here's the demo!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?