How to manage Microsoft products

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary: Windows is a wonderful, robust, stable and secure operating system. It has a unique user friendly interface which is highly customizable. Microsoft rarely releases security patches since there's not much exploits to it. Bill Gates means well, he wants a computer in every home...running Windows.And I remember something out of South Park:-Bill, you said windows 98 will be stronger, better and faster on the internet...-Well, it is... *strange noises*...-He tried running the new Windows RG and the computer seemed to work fine afterwards. Do you know what the strange noises were?
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
This was recently recommended to me to help clean up messy Windows issues...like hidden files.

http://www.microsuck.com

Link fixed. The forum software wouldn't allow the old name [it had dirty words in it]. Luckily an new name is available.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
How to manage Microsoft products?

Put them in the trash.

Originally posted by rick1138
Put them in the trash.

Yes i agree. Or you can take your pc running a microsoft OS and throw it through a window.

A different sort of defenestration is more practical...

Originally posted by Hurkyl
A different sort of defenestration is more practical...

Quick definitions (Defenestration)

noun: the act of throwing someone or something out of a window

Hurkyl, this is the second time that an attempt to fisk your post requires a trip to the dictionary.

Yah, yah, it's a big stretch, but I thought it was amusing when I first heard the joke. :smile:

"The Defenestration of Prague" was always my most favoritely named historical event, thus I've always remembered the term, and love the rare chances I get to work it into everyday conversation. :smile:

P.S. What was the other time? And I can't find "Fisk" in the dictionary

Last edited:
Originally posted by Hurkyl
Yah, yah, it's a big stretch, but I thought it was amusing when I first heard the joke. :smile:

"The Defenestration of Prague" was always my most favoritely named historical event, thus I've always remembered the term, and love the rare chances I get to work it into everyday conversation. :smile:

I wondered where you got that! I assumed it was not just a paraffle; like my responses.

Fisk didn't come up on mine either. Essentially it means to scrutinize an argument in great detail.

Also, I'm not sure when, but I think actually on two other occasions your vocabulary forced me to hit the dictionary.

Here is my favorite useless word.
paneity
n. Theology, state of being merely bread.

Worthless words dictionary
http://home.mn.rr.com/wwftd/

Windows is a wonderful, robust, stable and secure operating system. It has a unique user friendly interface which is highly customizable. Microsoft rarely releases security patches since there's not much exploits to it. Bill Gates means well, he wants a computer in every home...running Windows.

Last edited:
And I remember something out of South Park:
-Bill, you said windows 98 will be stronger, better and faster on the internet...
-Well, it is... *strange noises*...

he computer seemed to work fine atferwards. do you know what the strange noises were?

1. How do I update my Microsoft products?

To update your Microsoft products, you can go to the Microsoft website and download the latest updates for your specific product. You can also go to the "Help" menu within the product and select "Check for Updates" to see if there are any available updates.

2. Can I manage multiple Microsoft products at once?

Yes, you can manage multiple Microsoft products at once by using a centralized management tool such as Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager. This tool allows you to manage and deploy updates, settings, and configurations for multiple Microsoft products from one central location.

3. How do I troubleshoot common issues with Microsoft products?

To troubleshoot common issues with Microsoft products, you can try restarting the product, checking for updates, and running a repair or reinstallation of the product. You can also search for specific error codes or messages on the Microsoft support website for further assistance.

4. Is there a way to customize my Microsoft product settings?

Yes, most Microsoft products allow for customization of settings. You can access the settings menu within the product or through the control panel on your computer. From there, you can adjust options such as display, privacy, and security settings to your preference.

5. How can I manage licenses for my Microsoft products?

You can manage licenses for your Microsoft products by accessing your Microsoft account on the Microsoft website. From there, you can view and manage your licenses, deactivate or transfer licenses, and purchase additional licenses if needed.