How to measure displacement and Force simulatuously in Ansys Structural domain

In summary: Alternatively, you could run the simulation multiple times with different settings to measure both the force reaction and displacement separately. This may require more work, but it will ultimately provide more accurate results.
jatin1990
Hi i am performing a multiphysics simulation in which i am importing results of Electric-Thermal domain into Transient Structural domain in Ansys Workbench 14.5. As the simulation time is 5 hrs and given that i have to perform 20 case studies , so i want to know is their a way around in Ansys transient structural domain by which we can measure the Force reaction of a moving component and it's displacement(both in same direction), together. The method which i am using to measure the Force Reaction of a moving component is to insert a displacement node in the tree, selecting the appropriate face of the component and setting its displacement to "0" from default value of "Free" in the desired direction. And by this method its make no sense to measure the Force Reaction and Displacement of same component in a single run! (as we are intentionally fixing the component from moving so that we can get force reaction). Please help me out as it will almost double my workload.

Thank you for your time.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Unfortunately, there is no way to measure the force reaction and displacement of a moving component in a single run in Ansys Workbench 14.5. However, you may be able to use other tools or methods to measure the force reaction and displacement together. For example, you could use a finite element analysis (FEA) program to calculate the displacement and force reaction of the moving component at different points during the simulation.

1. What is the best method to measure displacement and force simultaneously in Ansys Structural domain?

The best method to measure displacement and force simultaneously in Ansys Structural domain is by using the Probe feature. This feature allows you to select specific nodes or elements and obtain their displacement and force values at a particular location. Additionally, you can also use the XY Plot feature to plot the displacement and force values over time or load steps.

2. Can I measure displacement and force at the same location using Ansys Structural?

Yes, Ansys Structural allows you to measure displacement and force at the same location by selecting the same node or element for both measurements. This will give you the displacement and force values at that specific location, making it easier to analyze and interpret the results.

3. How can I ensure accurate measurements of displacement and force in Ansys Structural?

To ensure accurate measurements of displacement and force in Ansys Structural, it is important to have a well-defined mesh with appropriate element types and sizes. Additionally, it is important to apply realistic boundary conditions and loads to accurately simulate the behavior of the structure.

4. Is it possible to measure displacement and force in different directions simultaneously in Ansys Structural?

Yes, it is possible to measure displacement and force in different directions simultaneously in Ansys Structural. By using the Probe feature, you can select the desired directions for displacement and force, and the results will be displayed accordingly. This allows for a more comprehensive analysis of the structure's behavior.

5. Can I export the displacement and force data from Ansys Structural for further analysis?

Yes, you can export the displacement and force data from Ansys Structural for further analysis. The results can be exported in various formats such as CSV, Excel, or text files, which can then be imported into other software for further processing and visualization.