1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to narrow down my Industrial Engineering degree?

1. Dec 28, 2013 #1
    I'm at the end of my IE (Industrial Engineering) bachelor years and during my exchange stay I realized how many IE students there are. I wasn't really sure what IE do but it seems that it is too broad and lacks specialization. However, I chose engineering because I'm not bad at physics/math and don't like other subjects. Thus, I liked all engineering subjects I had but not really others.
    To improve my qualifications I have two options for master studies: Industrial Engineering and Management or Mechanical Engineering (ME).
    I'm really lost because I'm not into economics/business at all which is part of IE and I don't want to be a computer rat struggling with complex mechanical design just because software is too ambiguous being ME.
    Then again, social life isn't my highlight but I like the thrill I get from audiences and I'm fantastic in presentations. Could I find these things in industry after ME?

I know it may seem like I don't know what I want and that is completely true. Although, being a blockbuster movie star would be awesome but what are the odds of that happening even If I'm good at acting.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted