Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How To Open a *.Psd file?

1. Sep 7, 2015 #1
    hi , im a matte painter and im facing a problem concerning photoshop . i was working on a psd. file and after finishing my work i press ctrl+s to save it but unfortunately in the middle of the saving process the c.p.u. has been turned off because of the u.p.s fault after restarting the system ,i try to open my same psd file but i got an error msg. ( could not complete your request because the file is not compatible with this version of photoshop). im using photoshop cs4. Please let me know if there is any possibility to get my data back .even as jpeg file.. i worked so hard on that project. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2015
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 7, 2015 #2

Borg

Gold Member

Welcome to PF, hasommars.

Googling on the phrase "How to recover a psd file" shows plenty of links. From what I've read if you don't have auto-save set up, you're probably not going to be able to recover with older versions of photoshop.

4. Sep 17, 2015 #3
    Try soft type http://www.fixya.com/support/t25599066-psd_viewer_soft
    but in most cases nothing will not help myself I practice different stages of preservation work in different documents, so if I can file damage at least continue to work with the earlier phase, but not from the outset.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook