Run 1.3GB Gigamo MO Floppy on 1.4" Drive

• Thread starter experiment6
  • Start date
In summary, the 1.4" drive is not compatible with the 1.3GB Gigamo MO floppy due to their different storage capacities and technologies. There is no way to make the two drives compatible, and an adapter cannot be used to connect them. The contents of the floppy cannot be transferred to a 1.4" drive, as they can only be transferred to another 1.3GB Gigamo MO floppy drive.
experiment6
http://www.maxell.eu.com/Images/1.3GB%20Gigamo%20MO.JPG

I have one but don't know what drive to run it ?

Mine is 640 MB MO floppy type I mistakenly bought home long ago without having known if a single 1.4' floppy drive could handle it.

Thanks for any hint

Computer science news on Phys.org

It is not possible to run a 1.3GB Gigamo MO floppy on a 1.4" drive. The maximum capacity for a 1.4" drive is 1.44MB, which is significantly smaller than the 1.3GB capacity of the Gigamo MO floppy. You will need to find a compatible drive that can handle the larger capacity of the Gigamo MO floppy. It is also important to make sure that the drive is compatible with the specific type of MO floppy that you have, as there are different types with varying capacities. It might be helpful to consult with a computer technician or do some research to find a suitable drive for your Gigamo MO floppy.

1. Why can't I run a 1.3GB Gigamo MO floppy on a 1.4" drive?

The 1.4" drive is designed to read and write on 1.4" floppy disks, which have a maximum capacity of 1.44MB. The 1.3GB Gigamo MO floppy is a different type of storage media and requires a specific drive to be read or written on.

2. Is there a way to make a 1.4" drive compatible with a 1.3GB Gigamo MO floppy?

No, there is no way to make a 1.4" drive compatible with a 1.3GB Gigamo MO floppy. The drive and the floppy are designed differently and are not interchangeable.

3. Can I use an adapter to run a 1.3GB Gigamo MO floppy on a 1.4" drive?

No, there is no adapter available that can make a 1.4" drive compatible with a 1.3GB Gigamo MO floppy. The drive and the floppy use different technologies and cannot be connected through an adapter.

4. What is the difference between a 1.4" drive and a 1.3GB Gigamo MO floppy drive?

A 1.4" drive is designed to read and write on 1.4" floppy disks, while a 1.3GB Gigamo MO floppy drive is designed to read and write on 1.3GB Gigamo MO floppy disks. The two drives use different technologies and are not compatible with each other.

5. Can I transfer the contents of a 1.3GB Gigamo MO floppy to a 1.4" drive?

No, the 1.3GB Gigamo MO floppy cannot be transferred to a 1.4" drive. The two types of drives use different technologies and are not compatible with each other. The contents of the floppy can only be transferred to another 1.3GB Gigamo MO floppy drive.