Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: How to predict?

1. Jan 19, 2010 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    Hello, could you please explain to me in simple terms how I can predict the chemical formula of the compounds produced when Group 7 elements are reacted with the elements in Group 1.

Thanks.

2. Relevant equations
    N/A

3. The attempt at a solution
    N/A

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 19, 2010 #2
    What do you know about chemistry already?

4. Jan 19, 2010 #3
    Well I just find it a tricky question, hah. Simply because I only get 2 markings so I fundamentally have 1 chance of correcting it before the final marking and what I had already written appareantly didn't elaborate on it enough...hence I am asking for your knowledge too so I can combine them. Thanks.

5. Jan 19, 2010 #4
    Well then tell me what you already wrote I'll get in trouble if I just give you the answer, I already have a warning to my name lol :).

6. Jan 19, 2010 #5
    Well I don't have an elaboration apparently. So what i've written won't enable you to add further information, if you know what I mean. Simply because you may mistakenly rewrite what I have got and I don't want that hehe.

7. Jan 19, 2010 #6
    We are in a stalemate lol except you are gonna lose. Trust me I know the answer.

8. Jan 19, 2010 #7
    Which is what I would like to know hence my reason for asking the question here, heh.

9. Jan 19, 2010 #8
    Dude this is an extremely basic question I can't just answer it for you.

10. Jan 19, 2010 #9
    Your answer isn't going to mislead me besides you already told me it was wrong.

11. Jan 19, 2010 #10
    What's the point in this forum if the helper isn't going to provide a part of his/her knowledge..for something simple but misleading.

12. Jan 19, 2010 #11
  13. Jan 20, 2010 #12
    Once again, I've solved another one of my questions, myself..

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook