1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to predict?

1. Jan 19, 2010 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    Hello, could you please explain to me in simple terms how I can predict the chemical formula of the compounds produced when Group 7 elements are reacted with the elements in Group 1.

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 19, 2010 #2
    What do you know about chemistry already?
  4. Jan 19, 2010 #3
    Well I just find it a tricky question, hah. Simply because I only get 2 markings so I fundamentally have 1 chance of correcting it before the final marking and what I had already written appareantly didn't elaborate on it enough...hence I am asking for your knowledge too so I can combine them. Thanks.
  5. Jan 19, 2010 #4
    Well then tell me what you already wrote I'll get in trouble if I just give you the answer, I already have a warning to my name lol :).
  6. Jan 19, 2010 #5
    Well I don't have an elaboration apparently. So what i've written won't enable you to add further information, if you know what I mean. Simply because you may mistakenly rewrite what I have got and I don't want that hehe.
  7. Jan 19, 2010 #6
    We are in a stalemate lol except you are gonna lose. Trust me I know the answer.
  8. Jan 19, 2010 #7
    Which is what I would like to know hence my reason for asking the question here, heh.
  9. Jan 19, 2010 #8
    Dude this is an extremely basic question I can't just answer it for you.
  10. Jan 19, 2010 #9
    Your answer isn't going to mislead me besides you already told me it was wrong.
  11. Jan 19, 2010 #10
    What's the point in this forum if the helper isn't going to provide a part of his/her knowledge..for something simple but misleading.
  12. Jan 19, 2010 #11
  13. Jan 20, 2010 #12
    Once again, I've solved another one of my questions, myself..
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook