How to prepare for f=ma exam?

In summary: Zz, google f=ma examIt's an F exam, not an "I" exam...Check their website, they have posted past exams with solutions.It's an exam that focuses on mechanics.
  • #1
40
3
I know there is quite a lot of similar posts like these but how do I prepare for this exam? I am a high schooler who has a decent amount of time. I am wondering what textbooks would prepare me. What I know is that the exam is focused on mechanics, more specifically, "A: The F=ma exam focuses on mechanics, including kinematics, statics, Newton’s laws, momentum and energy, oscillations, orbital mechanics, fluids, and elementary data analysis. All problems can be solved without the use of calculus. " If there are any good textbook resources, please recommend them to me.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
  • #2
Books can include some calculus as well, that is fine
 
  • #3
Isn’t your class using a textbook?
 
  • #4
marcusl said:
Isn’t your class using a textbook?
No, I am currently not talking any physics classes so I don't have a physics textbook
 
  • #5
Sorry, I’m not familiar with modern high school texts. I used the PSSC Physics book, which was well regarded in its day. You could probably pick up a used copy for a song. Be aware that most texts are intended to be accompanied by lab experiments or exercises performed in class.
Maybe someone else has an up to date recommendation.
 
  • #6
Thank you for your recommendation, but I'm looking for textbooks such as Krane and Halliday's physics 5 ed, classical mechanics by morin, etc. I just need such a textbook which is sufficient
 
  • #7
user10921 said:
'm looking for textbooks such as Krane and Halliday's physics 5 ed, classical mechanics by morin, etc. I just need such a textbook which is sufficient

What is wrong with the ones you mentioned?
 
  • #8
Halliday and Resnick is the most widely used college physics text. You can’t go wrong with it.
 
  • #9
With or without Krane is fine—old editions cover the same physics as the latest.
 
  • #10
Vanadium 50 said:
What is wrong with the ones you mentioned?
Nothing, I was just asking for similar books like the latter I mentioned. Would these books help prepare me for the F=ma exam?
 
  • #11
marcusl said:
With or without Krane is fine—old editions cover the same physics as the latest.
Thank you for your response. I guess I'll be using that book since it has good reviews
 
  • #12
user10921 said:
No, I am currently not talking any physics classes so I don't have a physics textbook

If you are not taking any physics classes, then what exam are you preparing for?

Zz.
 
  • #13
According to the thread title and the first post, he's preparing for the f=ma exam.
 
  • #14
jtbell said:
According to the thread title and the first post, he's preparing for the f=ma exam.

Yes, but what for? If the OP is not taking a formal class, what "exam" is this? An eye exam?

Zz.
 
  • #15
Zz, google
f=ma exam
 
  • #16
It's an F exam, not an "I" exam...
 
Last edited:
  • #17
Check their website, they have posted past exams with solutions.
 
  • #18
It's an exam that focuses on mechanics.
ZapperZ said:
Yes, but what for? If the OP is not taking a formal class, what "exam" is this? An eye exam?

Zz.
 

Suggested for: How to prepare for f=ma exam?

Back
Top