1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to proceed in the freshman year?

1. Sep 18, 2005 #1
    How to proceed in the freshman year!?

I am a Brazilian student, and I am attemping to a Physics (B.Sc.), that will start on March of next year. However I took part in two international competitions in Physics (IYPT last year, and IPhO this year.) when I was in High School. And since preparing to them I have one and a half year of lessons in a Physics undergraduate course at an University in my city. The University I am planning to go here in Brazil (I am actually considering also foreign university for undergraduate, but I have to look for scholarships.) is better than this one, but the things I would have to learn there are almost the same during the freshman year.
    Then I just don't know what is better for me to do. I have been also studying hard Maths to have a good base to study Physics. And still have mouths before starting. I have been think if I could try to study the subjects of the 2nd, and last years; or try to master anything else in this time. I am planning to after take a graduate course, and then my mainly preference is in a US School, the best ones that I could find in the area I chose.
    What do you think would be good for now?
    Thank you all.
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted