How to prove the speed and kinetic energy

In summary, a mass traveling at a speed V and an angle θ on a horizontal plane collides with another mass at rest with a coefficient of restitution ε. The question and attempted solution can be found in the attached file for Question 3. The person is seeking help from a physics forum for their upcoming final exam.

Show that the speed of the mass, after the collision

• shown that the formula that given

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • shown that the formula kinetic energy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
permata88
Homework Statement

A mass traveling with speed V at an angle  on a horizontal plane hits another mass which is at rest. The coefficient of restitution is .

Relevant equations
The completed question refer to the attached file...Question 3

The problem is my final exam questions. Plus, I had no idea how to start it and related somehow. Kindly, I hope our team physics forum can help me. Please...my final exam will coming about next two weeks. Thanks!

Attachments

• exam3.doc
    93.5 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Homework EquationsThe answer of the question refer to the attached file...Question 3The Attempt at a SolutionThe answer of the question refer to the attached file...Question 3

1. How do you measure the speed of an object?

The speed of an object can be measured by calculating the distance it travels over a certain period of time. This can be done using a stopwatch and measuring the distance traveled in meters.

2. What is the formula for kinetic energy?

The formula for kinetic energy is KE = 1/2 * m * v^2, where KE is kinetic energy, m is the mass of the object, and v is the velocity (speed) of the object.

3. How can you prove the speed of an object using experiments?

One way to prove the speed of an object is by using a motion sensor to track its position over time. This data can then be used to calculate the object's speed and compare it to the theoretical value.

4. Can the kinetic energy of an object change?

Yes, the kinetic energy of an object can change if its speed or mass changes. For example, if an object speeds up, its kinetic energy will increase.

5. What is the relationship between speed and kinetic energy?

The relationship between speed and kinetic energy is direct. This means that as the speed of an object increases, its kinetic energy increases as well. This is because both speed and kinetic energy are directly proportional to the object's velocity squared.