Researching Topics in Art & Humanities: JSTOR, Pubmed & More

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of Pubmed, a database for scientific publications, and whether there is a similar database for humanities and other subjects. The conversation also mentions the organization and availability of research and academic information, such as the use of JSTOR and Google Scholar. The topic of preprint servers and their use in the particle physics community is also brought up.
ppppparker
Ive just recently "discovered" pubmed and it is so amazing. I want to know if there is a kind of "pubmed for art humanities" or any other subject for that matter? Or do humanities even publish papers like the science community does? FOr example, where can I read papers on linguistics, or history, or drama or other subjects that aren't considered sciences?
Can someone provide just a really basic overview of how research and academic information is done or should be done, how its organized etc? Also what are the main go-to sites that I should be using? (for example, I've heard of "JSTOR" .. is that basically for anything non-science or something/?
thanks for any help

Physics news on Phys.org
Does "any other subject" include particle physics, astrophysics and several related fields?
arXiv - it is "just" a preprint server, but 100% of particle physics publications are uploaded there, so it became the standard website to search for publications (and things where the publication process is still ongoing). It works very well.
JSTOR has some open access content, but often you can just read the abstract without subscription.

Have you tried Google Scholar?

1. What is JSTOR?

JSTOR is a digital library that provides access to academic journals, books, and primary sources in various disciplines, including art and humanities. It is often used by researchers as a resource for conducting literature reviews and finding relevant sources for their research topics.

2. How do I search for topics in art and humanities on JSTOR?

To search for topics in art and humanities on JSTOR, you can use the search bar on the homepage. You can also browse by subject categories or use advanced search options to narrow down your results. It is recommended to use specific keywords and filters to find the most relevant sources.

3. What is Pubmed?

Pubmed is a free database maintained by the National Library of Medicine that provides access to biomedical and life sciences literature. It includes articles from thousands of scientific journals and is often used by researchers in the field of humanities to find relevant sources for their research topics.

4. How do I search for topics in humanities on Pubmed?

To search for topics in humanities on Pubmed, you can use the search bar on the homepage. You can also browse by subject categories or use advanced search options to narrow down your results. It is recommended to use specific keywords and filters to find the most relevant sources.

5. Are there any other databases or resources I can use to research topics in art and humanities?

Yes, there are many other databases and resources available for researching topics in art and humanities. Some examples include Google Scholar, Project MUSE, and ProQuest. It is recommended to explore multiple databases and resources to find a variety of sources for your research topic.