Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to start with women.

1. Aug 13, 2009 #1

MathematicalPhysicist

Gold Member

Any tips for someone who never tried it before (when he was sane)?
    I guess asking a woman out should be for the insaners.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 13, 2009 #2
    Offer $20 and haggle from there.

4. Aug 13, 2009 #3

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Not sure I understand just what you're asking...could you clarify, please?

5. Aug 13, 2009 #4

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Here's a good instructional video that helps you progress from a 'training woman' to a real woman in easy to follow steps: The search for true love begins outside the box

Edit: By the way, as hot as Bianca is, you can just forget it. She's engaged to this guy and it looks about as real as real can get.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  6. Aug 13, 2009 #5
    start with "hello"

7. Aug 13, 2009 #6

Wax

It depends on the age group you are asking. If it's high school and she doesn't have a BF then you just have to ask. It's that simple. If it's older women then you have to start with the games. OooOO...how I hate having to play the game. :yuck:

8. Aug 13, 2009 #7

Evo

Staff: Mentor

A good way to tell if the girl may be interested is if she looks at you and then maybe smiles and looks away quickly, hopefully she'll look back at you again to see if you're still looking.

If this happens, she's probably interested.

There is never any guarantee and the thing is to ask and not be devastated if she says no. Not everyone will say yes.

Basically, don't ask a girl that doesn't smile at you or act nice to you. If she gives you no sign of interest, move along, she's not interested.

Also, don't be duped by a girl that's playing with you. If she goes after jerk types, then suddenly shows an interest in you, be careful, she might be trying to use you.

9. Aug 13, 2009 #8
    And you gone to PHYSICSforums.com for advice?

You really are hopeless, my friend.

10. Aug 13, 2009 #9

Evo

It makes absolute sense. People that think similarly will be more likely to understand his situation.

11. Aug 13, 2009 #10

Wax

I'm assuming the guy scored since he never came back.

12. Aug 13, 2009 #11

Evo

Or we scared him off. I deleted a ton of off topic posts. :frown:

13. Aug 13, 2009 #12
    What is "it"? Is "it" women? Sex? Relationships? Low-premium health insurance? To be honest I don't know if I've every actually "asked a girl out". I've had my share of relationships but looking back I don't think there was a moment where I was like "Hey, Peggy Sue. You're mighty keen, would you like to accompany me tomorrow to the theatre?". It just sort of happens.

14. Aug 13, 2009 #13

Evo

I knew my current boyfriend for three years. We were just friends, although he was dropping hints that he might be interested in more.

I finally got tired of beating around the bush and sent him some Victoria's Secrets style, classy pics. Heck I have bathing suit pictures that reveal more. Deal sealed.

15. Aug 13, 2009 #14

Wax

Post some pictures! :biggrin:

16. Aug 13, 2009 #15
    Nothing helps an advance like a visual aid.

17. Aug 13, 2009 #16

cronxeh

Gold Member

Haha.. this is like "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock" by T.S. Eliot. I think you missing the big picture. You should strive to stay single as long as possible! Try to avoid women and their sinking-hole principle of a commitment and relationship. If you are young (as in if you were old you wont be asking these questions) then you should enjoy life, not deal with headaches of a relationship. If you want a casual "thing" then start it off as a friendship, maybe you'll like the girl. Window shopping is the best approach. Don't try to understand women and then try to push their "buttons", instead be yourself and ignore all the irrational and complex characteristics of their psyche. Be above it! Women are not that special for you to devote a dissertation over trying to understand them.

18. Aug 13, 2009 #17
    I knew that girl looked similar to you on that website plastered with peoples pictures from private emails :devil:

19. Aug 14, 2009 #18
    Pssh. Women, with that crazy stuff they do. (sarcasm). Do you really find the opposite sex that mysterious?

20. Aug 14, 2009 #19
    Basically, just talk to her without expecting anything. Get in touch with your alpha-male flirting skillz.

Try not to be her "friend". Or you might end up one of those guys that get to hear all the stories about boyfriend problems from the girl you like and wonder why she isn't going for you. LOL, that's a bad place to be.

21. Aug 14, 2009 #20
    ah, yes, the "friend zone". basically, don't be her girlfriend.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook