How to store an audio voltage signal and recover it?

In summary, the conversation discusses how to convert an audio voltage signal into a .csv file using an oscilloscope and then convert it back into an audio file. The participants suggest using file format converters to change the .csv file into a more suitable format such as .mp3 or .wav. However, there are issues with the conversion process, as the resulting audio file only plays the numbers in the .csv file as text-to-speech instead of a sound wave. The conversation also mentions different websites and tools that can help with the conversion process.
Tspirit
I am doing an experiment in which an audio voltage signal can be obtained and saved as .csv (or other formats) by oscilloscope. In a second step I want to recover it into audio voltage signal and input it into a loudspeaker. Then how can I do in the second step? Or how to transverse a .csv (or other formats) data into voltage signal again?

Engineering news on Phys.org
To "capture" a signal, you must have an analog to digital converter and a bunch of other stuff). To convert it back to analog you will need a digital to analog converter (and a bunch of other stuff). It's pretty complicated. In saying "an audio voltage signal can be obtained and saved as .csv" you are condensing a LOT of stuff.

Likes Tspirit
There are many file format converters that can change your data from CSV format to WAV or MP3 or others. Then you can use any music player on the converted file.

Here is one such program. http://www.online-convert.com/file-type

Likes Tspirit
anorlunda said:
There are many file format converters that can change your data from CSV format to WAV or MP3
Cool. I didn't know that.

anorlunda said:
There are many file format converters that can change your data from CSV format to WAV or MP3 or others. Then you can use any music player on the converted file.

Here is one such program. http://www.online-convert.com/file-type
I have converted a .csv document into .mp3, however, it just plays the name of every number in the .csv. For example, a number "1000" will be heard in a voice of "one hundred". It can't identify which is the time and which is the amplitude of the waveform.

Tspirit said:
an audio voltage signal can be obtained and saved as .csv (or other formats) by oscilloscope.
What are the other formats it can save to? One of them may be more amenable.

NascentOxygen said:
What are the other formats it can save to? One of them may be more amenable.
It can also save to binary format (.bin), or some figure formats such as .bmp, .png. I will try later.

Tspirit said:
I have converted a .csv document into .mp3, however, it just plays the name of every number in the .csv. For example, a number "1000" will be heard in a voice of "one hundred". It can't identify which is the time and which is the amplitude of the waveform.

That sounds very strange. How exactly did you convert it?

Edit: An how exactly did you play it to listen?

anorlunda said:
That sounds very strange. How exactly did you convert it?

Edit: An how exactly did you play it to listen?
I uploaded my csv file into the website "http://audio.online-convert.com/convert-to-mp3", converted it into mp3 online and downloaded the mp3 file and played it with windows media. By comparing the contents of sound with the original csv file (opened by office Excel), I found they are the same. I mean the voice is not a sound wave varying with the time (I saved a sound wave into a csv file using oscilloscope), but the data itself.

Tspirit said:
I uploaded my csv file into the website "http://audio.online-convert.com/convert-to-mp3", converted it into mp3 online and downloaded the mp3 file and played it with windows media. By comparing the contents of sound with the original csv file (opened by office Excel), I found they are the same. I mean the voice is not a sound wave varying with the time (I saved a sound wave into a csv file using oscilloscope), but the data itself.

It seems that you got a text-to-speech conversion instead of a file format conversion. You should try again, paying close attention to options and the small print on the Web page. Or try another conversion site such as the one I linked in #5.

anorlunda said:
It seems that you got a text-to-speech conversion instead of a file format conversion. You should try again, paying close attention to options and the small print on the Web page. Or try another conversion site such as the one I linked in #5.
Have you ever succeeded in converting a csv file into an audio file with that website?

Tspirit said:
Have you ever succeeded in converting a csv file into an audio file with that website?
I am willing to help you, but I have no sample file. I'll send you my email address by personal message, lookin your INBOX on PF.

How to store ? the better is copy to computer , as for recovery tool , it depends on your version, different version for different operating mode or tools

Tspirit said:
I uploaded my csv file into the website "http://www.android-rescuer.com/recover-data-from-android-internal-memory.html", converted it into mp3 online and downloaded the mp3 file and played it with windows media. By comparing the contents of sound with the original csv file (opened by office Excel), I found they are the same. I mean the voice is not a sound wave varying with the time (I saved a sound wave into a csv file using oscilloscope), but the data itself.
That i have been search on Google, it it works with Android ,

1. How do I store an audio voltage signal?

To store an audio voltage signal, you will need to use a device that is capable of converting the analog signal into a digital format. This can be done using an analog-to-digital converter (ADC) or a digital audio recorder. The converted signal can then be saved onto a storage device such as a computer hard drive or a digital audio recorder.

2. What is the best format for storing an audio voltage signal?

The most commonly used format for storing audio voltage signals is WAV (Waveform Audio File Format). This format is uncompressed and provides high-quality audio. Other popular formats include MP3 and AAC, which use compression to reduce file size but may result in some loss of audio quality.

3. How do I ensure the audio voltage signal is not lost during storage?

To prevent loss of the audio voltage signal during storage, it is important to use a high-quality storage device and to regularly back up the audio files. It is also recommended to store the audio files in multiple locations to minimize the risk of data loss.

4. Can I recover an audio voltage signal that has been corrupted or damaged?

In some cases, it may be possible to recover a corrupted or damaged audio voltage signal. This will depend on the extent of the damage and the type of storage device used. It is recommended to consult a professional in data recovery for assistance in restoring the signal.

5. How do I ensure the audio voltage signal is accurately recovered?

To ensure an accurate recovery of the audio voltage signal, it is important to use a reliable and high-quality playback device. This can be a computer with a good sound card or a dedicated digital audio recorder. It is also important to properly transfer the audio files from the storage device to the playback device to avoid any data loss or corruption.