How to study computer hardware

In summary, you should study Electricity and Electromagnetism, then Linear Algebra if you want to understand how hardware works. After that, you can study Digital Logic Design and Languages and Software Tools for Large Projects.
pc2-brazil
Good morning,

(Note: I don't know if this is the correct forum to post this.)
I want to understand in detail the behavior and inter-relations of the components of a computer (CPU and its components, memory, etc.).
I am finishing reading an introductory book on Computer Architecture/Organization, and I have started to self-study Electricity/Electromagnetism (with "Physics" by Halliday, Resnick and Krane).
My question is: how should I proceed after studying basic Electricity and Electromagnetism, taking into account my goal of understanding how hardware works? I know I will need Electronics and Digital Electronics, for example, but I don't know which order I should follow or which books I should use. I also don't know if there are more necessary subjects.

I don't know if this information is relevant, but, for Mathematics, I'm self-studying "The Calculus With Analytic Geometry" by Leithold, and "Discrete Mathematics and Its Applications" by Rosen. I have basic knowledge from high-school on matrices, determinants and linear systems, but I plan on studying Linear Algebra in the future.

Thank you in advance.

Computer science news on Phys.org
You did not say which computer architecture book you finished. If not this one then this might help you learn from the top down.
http://www.bestwebbuys.com/Computer...ive-Approach-ISBN-9781558603295?isrc=b-search
From the bottom up understanding MOS transistors would probably be next. This might help.
http://www.bestwebbuys.com/Operatio...S-Transistor-ISBN-9780195170146?isrc=b-search
From the lower middle would be a text on digital logic design at the gate and register level, but I cannot seem to find the name and author that I recommend for that.
From the higher middle might be a book on the languages and software tools used to describe very large projects, perhaps something introducing you to VHDL.

Bill Simpson said:
You did not say which computer architecture book you finished. If not this one then this might help you learn from the top down.
http://www.bestwebbuys.com/Computer...ive-Approach-ISBN-9781558603295?isrc=b-search
From the bottom up understanding MOS transistors would probably be next. This might help.
http://www.bestwebbuys.com/Operatio...S-Transistor-ISBN-9780195170146?isrc=b-search
From the lower middle would be a text on digital logic design at the gate and register level, but I cannot seem to find the name and author that I recommend for that.
From the higher middle might be a book on the languages and software tools used to describe very large projects, perhaps something introducing you to VHDL.
Thank you for the reply.
The computer architecture book is a Brazilian (I live in Brazil) book ("Introdução à Organização de Computadores", by Mário Monteiro; the title means "Introduction to Computer Organization").
I might be wrong, but shouldn't there be some general Electronics content between Electromagnetism and transistors?

1. What is computer hardware?

Computer hardware refers to the physical components of a computer system, including the motherboard, processor, memory, storage devices, and input/output devices.

2. How do I start studying computer hardware?

To start studying computer hardware, it is important to have a basic understanding of how computers work and their components. You can begin by reading books or taking online courses on computer hardware and familiarizing yourself with the different parts of a computer.

3. What skills are needed to study computer hardware?

To study computer hardware, it is helpful to have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as a basic understanding of computer programming. Good technical skills and attention to detail are also important for working with computer hardware.

4. Are there any specific tools or equipment needed for studying computer hardware?

You will need a computer, preferably a desktop, to study computer hardware. You may also need additional tools such as a screwdriver, anti-static wrist strap, and thermal paste for hands-on experience and to open and work on computer components.

5. Is it necessary to have a degree to study computer hardware?

While having a degree in computer hardware or a related field can be beneficial, it is not necessary. With dedication and self-study, you can gain the necessary knowledge and skills to work with computer hardware. However, having a degree may give you a competitive edge when applying for jobs in the field.