How to study in a universtiy

• Thread starter studyier
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Study
In summary, the speaker is an electrical engineering student who struggled in their first year and had difficulty organizing their studying. They had five courses each semester and spent a lot of time on assignments, only to realize they were not important for the tests. The speaker also struggled with boring lectures and not knowing how to study effectively. They suggest studying the professor to understand what will be on the exams.
studyier
hi i am an electrical engeering student

i berely finished my first year
i was hare thin close to be kicked out
it was a dissaster

i had each semester 5 courses
on every course i got assignments

and i made all the assignments
and then i found out that they are half close to what is going to be in the test.
so i spent lots of time on stuff that is not important to the test.
and boring lecturers

and i didnt know how to study

i was doing things randomely

i studied one subject then i felf that i was neglecting some other one
and some times i forgot about some other course

how to organise my studying??
how to break time?

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi there,

I guess studying is a process that we all had to learn (for the ones that went to further studies). I also believe that not everyone is made for studies, I mean all the freedom, the amount of lesson to attend, the homework to do, the exams to prepare. Therefore, I don't think there is a miracle solution.

What I can say is that through my many years as a student, and my teaching experience, I noticed two types of students. The first bunch (we'll call them the "good" students) study a field because of their interest. Therefore, the process of studying is, for them, a simple matter of reading a book that they would probably read alone, no matter.

The second bunch (more like I was during my bachelor) learn more about the professor than the subject. Meaning that you can study a professor, therefore knowing pretty much what is important in his/her class, and learn that in depth. This method has the advantage of cutting the work load.

Therefore, my advice to you is that if you feel you have to much to learn, than start studying the professor. You will find out what will be on the exam.

Cheers

Question 1: What is the best way to take notes in a university setting?

The best way to take notes in a university setting is to actively listen and engage in the lecture. Use a combination of writing and typing notes to keep your focus and attention. Use abbreviations, bullet points, and highlight important information to make studying and reviewing your notes easier.

Question 2: How can I manage my time effectively while studying in a university?

To manage your time effectively while studying in a university, create a schedule or to-do list and prioritize your tasks. Make sure to include time for both studying and leisure activities. Avoid procrastination and try to complete tasks ahead of deadlines. Also, make use of campus resources such as tutoring or study groups to help you stay on track.

Question 3: What is the best way to prepare for exams in a university?

The best way to prepare for exams in a university is to start studying early and review material consistently. Create study guides and practice tests to help you understand and retain the information. Use active learning techniques such as summarizing, teaching the material to someone else, or creating flashcards. Make sure to also get enough rest and eat well during exam week.

Question 4: How can I stay organized in a university setting?

To stay organized in a university setting, create a system for keeping track of assignments, due dates, and other important information. Use a planner or calendar to write down deadlines and important dates. Keep your study area tidy and decluttered to minimize distractions. Make use of technology such as online calendars or task management apps to help you stay organized.

Question 5: What should I do if I am struggling with a particular subject in university?

If you are struggling with a particular subject in university, reach out for help. Talk to your professors or teaching assistants and attend office hours for additional clarification and support. Utilize tutoring services or form study groups with classmates to work through difficult material together. Don't be afraid to ask for help and seek additional resources to improve your understanding and performance in the subject.