How Can I Prepare to Become a Nobel Prize Winner in Physics?

• Thread starter Salah93
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Study
In summary, the person is starting university and wants to become a Nobel Prize winner. They are seeking advice on which books to study and in what order, but it is mentioned that obtaining a Nobel Prize is not a guaranteed outcome in the field of science. The person clarifies that their goal is to have a deep understanding of nature.
Salah93
This year i'll start the university(a little university in my country).
I want to be a nobel prize. So what i have to do?
I want to have a very very good theoretical preparation.
Can you help me in this? Which books have i to study and do with them excersices?
I got some books from here http://mirtitles.org/ and i bought david morin book and halliday resnick..
In which order have i to study?
Have i to do first calculs,mechanics,ecc...
Thank

Physics news on Phys.org
no one goes into science with the sole intent of getting a nobel prize. Let's face it, you aren't going to get it. I remember once a physics professor saying ''unless your doing groundbreaking research by age 30, you aren't even in the running for a nobel prize''.

Your chances of winning the lottery are greater than that of winning the Nobel Prize, no joke.

Unfortunately science is not a sport or an art. There are many bright scientists out there who did groundbreaking research and yet they have't won Nobel Prize and they never will.

If you want do do sth for your personal glory science is very bad choice.

Also depends on your field. Some fields will never produce a nobel prize but are great in industry, and some will produce nobel prizes but little employment in industry and that's just how it works.

ok thank

My intent isn't to get a nobel byt have a physics culture as a nobel prize. So i asked how can i be a nobel?? I want only to understand ain the best way possible nature.
thank

Question 1: What is the best way to study for an exam?

The best way to study for an exam may vary depending on the individual and the subject matter, but some effective methods include creating a study schedule, actively engaging with the material through note-taking and summarizing, practicing with past exams or quizzes, and seeking help from teachers or tutors if needed.

Question 2: How much time should I spend studying each day?

The amount of time you spend studying each day should be based on your personal learning style, the difficulty of the material, and the amount of time you have before the exam. Generally, it is recommended to study for 1-2 hours each day leading up to the exam, with breaks in between to avoid burnout.

Question 3: How can I stay motivated while studying?

One way to stay motivated while studying is to set specific and achievable goals for yourself, such as completing a certain number of practice problems or reading a certain number of pages. It can also be helpful to reward yourself after completing a study session and to remind yourself of the importance of the material for your future goals.

Question 4: What are some effective study techniques for memorization?

Some effective study techniques for memorization include using flashcards, creating mnemonic devices, practicing retrieval through self-testing, and connecting new information to things you already know. It can also be helpful to take breaks and study in shorter, more frequent sessions rather than trying to cram all the information at once.

Question 5: How can I improve my focus and concentration while studying?

To improve focus and concentration while studying, it is important to eliminate distractions such as phones or noisy environments. Creating a designated study space and setting a timer for focused study sessions can also help. Additionally, getting enough sleep, eating well, and taking breaks can all contribute to better focus and concentration while studying.