Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to Take Care of it!

1. Aug 5, 2005 #1

Lisa!

Gold Member

I've got a terrible pain in my hand since Thuesday. Now I have to not to work with it alot till it gets better. Unfortunately I can't think of anything that I can do without my hand. I spend some time studying but I always take the book with my hand. I try to work with my hand when I'm working with computer but it takes alot of time and I work with it anyway! Any suggestion about what to do?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 5, 2005 #2

wolram

Gold Member

If a doctor has told you not to use it then dont, may be you
    should use a sling, but the doctor should have told you, and if by any chance
    you are ignoring what you have been told you are silly.

4. Aug 5, 2005 #3

Lisa!

Gold Member

The situation isn't as bad as you think, Sir.It even doesn't need to visit a doctor. I had the worse experience before.And I don't use it except when I have to. (I'm typing with 1 hand)But you know I'm bored to death and need some hobby which don't have anything to do with my hand. I can'tsit or sleep somewhere dreaming all the day. :grumpy:

5. Aug 5, 2005 #4
    Speech to text program?

6. Aug 5, 2005 #5

wolram

Gold Member

Hey i can only type with one finger and things keep moving on my key board,
    so thats not to bad for you, when i was a kid i couldn't use my right arm for
    three months, it was a struggle at times but you learn to manage.
    Will the problem with your hand heal, or is it a long term thing?

7. Aug 5, 2005 #6

Lisa!

Gold Member

mattmns, I forgot to mention! I'm asking for a hobby which doesn't need to talk or write! :wink: I can call my friends for example but I really don't enjoy talking alot!

If I take care of it, it will get well soon.I can type with 1 finger too but I'm afraid that it causes the same for my other hand. I shouldn't do evrything only with 1 hand. Anyway I think I have to not post here for a while.Good news, am I right? :wink:

8. Aug 5, 2005 #7

wolram

Gold Member

As usual your highgness you are absolutely 100% wrong, i rather enjoy your strange idiosyncrasies :biggrin:

9. Aug 5, 2005 #8

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

This is a good opportunity to work those toes.

Btw, I typed this message with my toes (j/k)

10. Aug 5, 2005 #9

Lisa!

Gold Member

dduardo, good suggestion but it doesn't work for me. The problem is that I visit 3 or 4 sites and play a silly game at the same time and lots of other thing...The problem is that I'm too impatient. So I want to do evrything so fast.

I have to say goodbye till my hand will get better, Sir! Then I'll pay you back! :wink:

11. Aug 5, 2005 #10

wolram

Gold Member

Ok grasshoper, take care, and think, when you are not on pf you can find other minds to torture, No do not reply i can wait :biggrin: :biggrin:

12. Aug 6, 2005 #11

Lisa!

Gold Member

I don't know why it gets worse whenever I visit this site! :bugeye: :grumpy:It was almost ok before I came here but now :cry: :cry: :cry:

13. Aug 6, 2005 #12

wolram

Gold Member

ooohh, if there was a lady that
    deserved a bottom spanking, but that is just so incorrect, now do not type any
    more and let your hand recover.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?