Managing Hand Pain: Tips and Techniques for Relief and Recovery

• Thread starter Lisa!
  • Start date
In summary, the person is complaining about the pain in their hand and how it has been getting worse. They mention that they are too impatient and want to do everything quickly. They also mention that there is a lady that deserves a spanking.
Lisa!
Gold Member
I've got a terrible pain in my hand since Thuesday. Now I have to not to work with it a lot till it gets better. Unfortunately I can't think of anything that I can do without my hand. I spend some time studying but I always take the book with my hand. I try to work with my hand when I'm working with computer but it takes a lot of time and I work with it anyway! Any suggestion about what to do?

Physics news on Phys.org
If a doctor has told you not to use it then dont, may be you
should use a sling, but the doctor should have told you, and if by any chance
you are ignoring what you have been told you are silly.

Mr wolram said:
If a doctor has told you not to use it then dont, may be you
should use a sling, but the doctor should have told you, and if by any chance
you are ignoring what you have been told you are silly.
The situation isn't as bad as you think, Sir.It even doesn't need to visit a doctor. I had the worse experience before.And I don't use it except when I have to. (I'm typing with 1 hand)But you know I'm bored to death and need some hobby which don't have anything to do with my hand. I can'tsit or sleep somewhere dreaming all the day. :grumpy:

Speech to text program?

Lisa! said:
The situation isn't as bad as you think, Sir.It even doesn't need to visit a doctor. I had the worse experience before.And I don't use it except when I have to. (I'm typing with 1 hand)But you know I'm bored to death and need some hobby which don't have anything to do with my hand. I can'tsit or sleep somewhere dreaming all the day. :grumpy:

Hey i can only type with one finger and things keep moving on my key board,
so that's not to bad for you, when i was a kid i couldn't use my right arm for
three months, it was a struggle at times but you learn to manage.
Will the problem with your hand heal, or is it a long term thing?

mattmns, I forgot to mention! I'm asking for a hobby which doesn't need to talk or write! :wink: I can call my friends for example but I really don't enjoy talking alot!

Mr wolram said:
Hey i can only type with one finger and things keep moving on my key board,
so that's not to bad for you, when i was a kid i couldn't use my right arm for
three months, it was a struggle at times but you learn to manage.
Will the problem with your hand heal, or is it a long term thing?
If I take care of it, it will get well soon.I can type with 1 finger too but I'm afraid that it causes the same for my other hand. I shouldn't do evrything only with 1 hand. Anyway I think I have to not post here for a while.Good news, am I right? :wink:

Lisa! said:
If I take care of it, it will get well soon.I can type with 1 finger too but I'm afraid that it causes the same for my other hand. I shouldn't do evrything only with 1 hand. Anyway I think I have to not post here for a while.Good news, am I right? :wink:

As usual your highgness you are absolutely 100% wrong, i rather enjoy your strange idiosyncrasies :biggrin:

This is a good opportunity to work those toes.

Btw, I typed this message with my toes (j/k)

dduardo, good suggestion but it doesn't work for me. The problem is that I visit 3 or 4 sites and play a silly game at the same time and lots of other thing...The problem is that I'm too impatient. So I want to do evrything so fast.

Mr wolram said:
As usual your highgness you are absolutely 100% wrong, i rather enjoy your strange idiosyncrasies :biggrin:
I have to say goodbye till my hand will get better, Sir! Then I'll pay you back! :wink:

Lisa! said:
I have to say goodbye till my hand will get better, Sir! Then I'll pay you back! :wink:

Ok grasshoper, take care, and think, when you are not on pf you can find other minds to torture, No do not reply i can wait :biggrin: :biggrin:

I don't know why it gets worse whenever I visit this site! :bugeye: :grumpy:It was almost ok before I came here but now :cry: :cry: :cry:

Lisa! said:
I don't know why it gets worse whenever I visit this site! :bugeye: :grumpy:It was almost ok before I came here but now :cry: :cry: :cry:
ooohh, if there was a lady that
deserved a bottom spanking, but that is just so incorrect, now do not type any
more and let your hand recover.

What causes hand pain?

Hand pain can be caused by a variety of factors, including overuse, injury, arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, and nerve damage.

How can I prevent hand pain?

To prevent hand pain, it is important to practice good ergonomics and avoid repetitive or strenuous hand movements. You can also try stretching exercises and take breaks to rest your hands.

What are some home remedies for hand pain?

Some home remedies for hand pain include applying ice or heat, taking over-the-counter pain relievers, and using topical creams or ointments. Gentle massage and hand exercises can also help alleviate pain.

When should I see a doctor for hand pain?

You should see a doctor for hand pain if it is severe, persistent, or accompanied by other symptoms such as swelling, redness, or numbness. Additionally, if home remedies do not provide relief or if the pain is interfering with daily activities, it is important to seek medical attention.

What are some treatment options for hand pain?

Treatment options for hand pain may include physical therapy, medication, splints or braces, and in severe cases, surgery. Your doctor may also recommend lifestyle changes, such as modifying hand movements or using assistive devices, to help manage and prevent hand pain.