1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to test positive ion?

1. Mar 13, 2012 #1
    aitm-01-gmm.jpg

http://www.ebay.com.hk/itm/370583387771?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I have tested it using a 1.3v battery,
    Once I have switch "ON" this tester, Let the positive end of battery touch on the square metal of the front panel and let the rear square metal of this tester touch on the negative end of battery. It works and display negative value -13xx, but

when the positive end of battery touch on the rear square metal and let the square metal of the front panel of this tester touch on the negative end of battery. It also display close to zero value, it seems to me that this Air Ion Tester can only display negative values.

It cannot be able to display positive value at all. Will it be correct to test positive ion using above approach? or does my item not funciton properly?

I would like to confirm whether my item works properly or not.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted