Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to to make learning fun and experimental?

1. Jul 13, 2010 #1
    Hello guys. I'm a highschool dropout looking to return to school. I want to study engineering or biomedical engineering with a focus on physics. I plan on returning in about a year and a half and I have a lot to catch up on. I so far behind that I probably need to begin on the tail end of elementary school math... But this isn't a thread about where to begin.

I'm just wondering if you could give me any general tips on learning math and physics. How do you personally make it fun and entertaining?

My ultimate goal for the end of the year is to be able to manipulate and play around with basic math concepts. I don't just wanna learn how to properly solve or prove a problem but I would like to be able to come up with little tricks, shortcuts, or better ways of solving or proving a problem.

I will also be studying logic and philosophy (I'm hiring a tutor for that) so any study tips on the aforementioned subjects or other subjects are welcomed.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted