1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to transfer analysis result to second analysis in Abaqus

1. Nov 25, 2015 #1
    Hi,

I have to check the buckling of a beam in fire. To do this I am following the below stages:

1. Conduct a heat transfer analysis ( transient ) for 30 minutes in fire , to find out the temperature history of the beam. Please not the temperature of the beam is not uniform

2. perform 6 runs of buckle analysis and using temperature dependant material properties in this stage.​

I want to set the temperature of the beam (using pre-defined) in buckle analysis to the temperature of the beam in the heat transfer analysis for each 5 minutes( in total 30/5=6 buckle analysis).

I would appreciate it if you could tell me how I can use the temperature of a certain time from heat transfer analysis in the buckle analysis.

Thanks,

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 30, 2015 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook