1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to transfer into Civil Eng with BSc in Physics?

  1. Nov 14, 2012 #1
    I have a BSc in physics and I want to get into civil engineering. I'm in Canada, and to get professional engineering licence, you have to get an engineering undergrad degree.

    I dont want to go back to school for 3 years just to get another bachelors, but the masters programs in Canada don't really accept non civil eng undergrads, and they wont give the professional certification.

    I found UCL in the UK has a one year masters program with an option for a pre-classifying year for people with non civil backgrounds. The pre-qualifying year also makes you eligible for professional engineering status. So I applied, and got accepted. it would seem my problem was soved except I cant afford tuition (30 000 pounds a year).

    Does anyone know of any other programs around the world that I coud get eligibility for licensing in a masters program that accepts non engineers.
  2. jcsd
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted