Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to use LASI ?

1. Nov 21, 2012 #1
    I read through the LASI introduction once and also watched the teach-how video in Youtube, but feels really frustrated about this software....

all these introductions only show how to "draw a box", "draw a polygon", "how to add", "how to move" and this kind of basic kindergarten skills. What does it actually means? Does it means those are all I need to know for using the LASI software? I don't even know how to start a drawing for a CMOS or a simple Resistance! Not a single practical drawing example I can found on the internet!

and by the way, what is the thing MOSIS do with LASI? do I supposed to follow the MOSIS standard to draw with LASI? but how....?

Thanks for all your helps!!!

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 22, 2012 #2
    Get a good CMOS layout book and get help from seniors to learn how to draw chip layout.
    e.g. IC Layout Basics : A Practical Guide [Christopher Saint, Judy Saint]

LASI is little old tool for drawing layout and it might be a bit painful to work in it. Still it is probably only freeware Layout tool that is good enough.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook