Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to use PHP

1. Jul 2, 2003 #1
    [SOLVED] How to use PHP

Can anyone teach me how to use PHP? I just dled the zip file, but I don't know where to go from there : (

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 2, 2003 #2
  4. Jul 2, 2003 #3
    Well, I'm trying to build one, so I suppose I need to know how to do both. I'm findind that the installation isn't exactly user friendly so I am even stuggling with the manual PHP provides.

5. Jul 2, 2003 #4
    Are installing on Windows IIS or Unix Apache?

Try http://foxserv.net. it's a package that easily installed apache, ,mysql and php in linux or windows machines.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2003
  6. Jul 2, 2003 #5
    Well, I think I am way over my head here without doing some extensive research. Here is pretty much what I want to do:

I want a text box where you can submit text, and have that posted on a board - something simple.

7. Jul 2, 2003 #6
  8. Jul 2, 2003 #7
    Matt are you using your computer to host or did you sign up for an account somewhere on the web?

9. Jul 2, 2003 #8
    My own comp.

10. Jul 3, 2003 #9
    Before doing anything with php and mysql you should get a webserver up and running on your computer.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?