Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to write a letter

1. Aug 13, 2008 #1

wolram

Gold Member

To a totalitarian management who thinks the sun shines from their nether regions ,when in truth they are total headless chickens, and telling them thus without getting instant dismissal.
    I could use strong words but that is not in my nature, i could explain more but i hope you all think i am a reasoned guy, will any of you come visit me?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 13, 2008 #2
    Re: How to wright a letter

What exactly do you hope to accomplish?

4. Aug 13, 2008 #3

"I quit"

5. Aug 13, 2008 #4

to start off with you should probably write a letter. Unless you are going to fold the letter into a paper airplane then it would be okay to Wright (Bros) a letter.

6. Aug 13, 2008 #5

Don't write a letter when you are pissed. It won't do anything but get you in trouble. No matter how caustic your letter is, it won't hurt them at all. It's that whole sticks and stones thing.

7. Aug 13, 2008 #6

Hi Wolram, Feel free to modify and edit:

Sorry spelling checker not yet re-installed on the laptop

Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  8. Aug 13, 2008 #7

"I kidnapped your children."

9. Aug 13, 2008 #8

wolram

Gold Member

That s fantastic Andre thanks a lot.

10. Aug 13, 2008 #9

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

Actually writing a letter is a good thing so long as you don't send it.

I think the writing of it can be both therapeutic and useful in focusing your thoughts and reasoning. Setting it aside and then reading it later with a fresh mind can help you get insight into how your remarks might be received and possibly allow you time to see another point of view and come to a better resolution.

11. Aug 13, 2008 #10

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I used to do that with boyfriends. Instead of calling them and starting a fight, I'd write down my feelings, then go do something else. It's a way great to vent your frustrations, without venting them at the person you are frustrated with. You know the old saying "May the words you say today be sweet, for tomorrow they may be words you'll have to eat."

After I calmed down, I'd read what I wrote, sometimes I'd realize that it wasn't worth arguing about, other times it made me realize it was time to dump the guy. At least I made the decision calmly and without regrets.

12. Aug 13, 2008 #11

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

Yeah, I do that with posts too sometimes. I might write a post saying how silly someone is for not say going to see a doctor about a potentially serious ailment and then don't post it and opt instead for maybe something more subtle like a gentle chiding. Works for me anyway.

13. Aug 13, 2008 #12

Evo

:grumpy:

If it was a rash, I would have gone. Besides, I have an appointment with a doctor tomorrow anyway.

14. Aug 13, 2008 #13

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

I'm glad then that I didn't post something like that since it would have been so unnecessary ... demonstrating once again the potential benefits of such a subtle course of action.

15. Aug 13, 2008 #14

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

You've still not gone back to the doctor? :surprised

16. Aug 13, 2008 #15

Evo

I am, however, planning to set off flea and tick bombs as a result of all of the posts.

17. Aug 13, 2008 #16
    Wolram, you're welcome, It's absolutely my pleasure. In more than one aspect.

Evo, tomorrow is one day later than you could have seen him. Go now. There is something like emergency treatment, isn't there? Please, do it.

18. Aug 13, 2008 #17

I should try that sometime. I always seem to hit the submit reply button. Maybe that's why I keep getting "Notifications"

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?