How to write a letter

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date

wolram

Gold Member
To a totalitarian management who thinks the sun shines from their nether regions ,when in truth they are total headless chickens, and telling them thus without getting instant dismissal.
I could use strong words but that is not in my nature, i could explain more but i hope you all think i am a reasoned guy, will any of you come visit me?

Re: How to wright a letter

What exactly do you hope to accomplish?

"I quit"

to start off with you should probably write a letter. Unless you are going to fold the letter into a paper airplane then it would be okay to Wright (Bros) a letter.

Don't write a letter when you are pissed. It won't do anything but get you in trouble. No matter how caustic your letter is, it won't hurt them at all. It's that whole sticks and stones thing.

Hi Wolram, Feel free to modify and edit:

Dear members of the staff,

There is little doubt that we all share the same objective for our corporation, to be it a prosperous venture in a pleasant environment, where we were all members of a superior team, constantly striving for total perfection in our production to come up with superb quality all the time, dazzling the competitors.

However, such an objective requires dedication of all the members from the youngest clercq to the CEO, it also requires a complete transparant flow of objective information pertaining all aspects of our industry in order to formulate accurate and flawless policy optimized to maintain the highest quality of our venture.

Possible caveats which may obstruct our common objectives should be identified immediately if they arise, since it may easily disrupt the morale of the team, affecting productivity and creativity, the vital basics of our enterprise.

Unfortunately, with some apprehension, I have to inform you that some concern has formed recently about some policy devellopments, which may be hazardous for the mutual understanding and support between the members of our team.

<...insert problems here....>

Therefore it may be very benificial to exchange some thought about these issues in an open dialogue in order to re-enforce our mutual dedication to the quality of our enterprise,

Respectfully yours,

Wolram
Sorry spelling checker not yet re-installed on the laptop

Last edited:

WarPhalange

"I kidnapped your children."

wolram

Gold Member

Hi Wolram, Feel free to modify and edit:

Sorry spelling checker not yet re-installed on the laptop
That s fantastic Andre thanks a lot.

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

Don't write a letter when you are pissed. It won't do anything but get you in trouble. No matter how caustic your letter is, it won't hurt them at all. It's that whole sticks and stones thing.
Actually writing a letter is a good thing so long as you don't send it.

I think the writing of it can be both therapeutic and useful in focusing your thoughts and reasoning. Setting it aside and then reading it later with a fresh mind can help you get insight into how your remarks might be received and possibly allow you time to see another point of view and come to a better resolution.

Evo

Mentor

Actually writing a letter is a good thing so long as you don't send it.

I think the writing of it can be both therapeutic and useful in focusing your thoughts and reasoning. Setting it aside and then reading it later with a fresh mind can help you get insight into how your remarks might be received and possibly allow you time to see another point of view and come to a better resolution.
I used to do that with boyfriends. Instead of calling them and starting a fight, I'd write down my feelings, then go do something else. It's a way great to vent your frustrations, without venting them at the person you are frustrated with. You know the old saying "May the words you say today be sweet, for tomorrow they may be words you'll have to eat."

After I calmed down, I'd read what I wrote, sometimes I'd realize that it wasn't worth arguing about, other times it made me realize it was time to dump the guy. At least I made the decision calmly and without regrets.

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

It's a way great to vent your frustrations, without venting them at the person you are frustrated with.
Yeah, I do that with posts too sometimes. I might write a post saying how silly someone is for not say going to see a doctor about a potentially serious ailment and then don't post it and opt instead for maybe something more subtle like a gentle chiding. Works for me anyway.

Evo

Mentor

Yeah, I do that with posts too sometimes. I might write a post saying how silly someone is for not say going to see a doctor about a potentially serious ailment and then I opt for maybe something more subtle like a gentle chiding. Works for me anyway.
:grumpy:

If it was a rash, I would have gone. Besides, I have an appointment with a doctor tomorrow anyway.

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

If it was a rash, I would have gone. Besides, I have an appointment with a doctor tomorrow anyway.
I'm glad then that I didn't post something like that since it would have been so unnecessary ... demonstrating once again the potential benefits of such a subtle course of action.

cristo

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor

:grumpy:

You've still not gone back to the doctor? :surprised

Evo

Mentor

I'm glad then that I didn't post something like that since it would have been so unnecessary ... demonstrating once again the potential benefits of such a subtle course of action.
I am, however, planning to set off flea and tick bombs as a result of all of the posts.

Wolram, you're welcome, It's absolutely my pleasure. In more than one aspect.

Evo, tomorrow is one day later than you could have seen him. Go now. There is something like emergency treatment, isn't there? Please, do it.

Yeah, I do that with posts too sometimes. I might write a post saying how silly someone is for not say going to see a doctor about a potentially serious ailment and then don't post it and opt instead for maybe something more subtle like a gentle chiding. Works for me anyway.
I should try that sometime. I always seem to hit the submit reply button. Maybe that's why I keep getting "Notifications"