How to Communicate Effectively with Totalitarian Management

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary: If it was a rash, I would have gone. Besides,...you have a doctor, don't you?Yes I do, however I am not one to take advice from doctors that are not from my homeland. I would like to know more about this rash and what I should do about it before I go see a doctor.Yes I do, however I am not one to take advice from doctors that are not from my homeland. I would like to know more about this rash and what I should do about it before I go see a doctor.Well, if you are not comfortable with going to the doctor, you could try looking for a traditional healer or
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
To a totalitarian management who thinks the sun shines from their nether regions ,when in truth they are total headless chickens, and telling them thus without getting instant dismissal.
I could use strong words but that is not in my nature, i could explain more but i hope you all think i am a reasoned guy, will any of you come visit me?

Physics news on Phys.org

What exactly do you hope to accomplish?

"I quit"

to start off with you should probably write a letter. Unless you are going to fold the letter into a paper airplane then it would be okay to Wright (Bros) a letter.

Don't write a letter when you are pissed. It won't do anything but get you in trouble. No matter how caustic your letter is, it won't hurt them at all. It's that whole sticks and stones thing.

Hi Wolram, Feel free to modify and edit:

Dear members of the staff,

There is little doubt that we all share the same objective for our corporation, to be it a prosperous venture in a pleasant environment, where we were all members of a superior team, constantly striving for total perfection in our production to come up with superb quality all the time, dazzling the competitors.

However, such an objective requires dedication of all the members from the youngest clercq to the CEO, it also requires a complete transparant flow of objective information pertaining all aspects of our industry in order to formulate accurate and flawless policy optimized to maintain the highest quality of our venture.

Possible caveats which may obstruct our common objectives should be identified immediately if they arise, since it may easily disrupt the morale of the team, affecting productivity and creativity, the vital basics of our enterprise.

Unfortunately, with some apprehension, I have to inform you that some concern has formed recently about some policy devellopments, which may be hazardous for the mutual understanding and support between the members of our team.

<...insert problems here...>

Therefore it may be very benificial to exchange some thought about these issues in an open dialogue in order to re-enforce our mutual dedication to the quality of our enterprise,

Respectfully yours,

Wolram

Sorry spelling checker not yet re-installed on the laptop

Last edited:

"I kidnapped your children."

Andre said:
Hi Wolram, Feel free to modify and edit:

Sorry spelling checker not yet re-installed on the laptop

That s fantastic Andre thanks a lot.

tribdog said:
Don't write a letter when you are pissed. It won't do anything but get you in trouble. No matter how caustic your letter is, it won't hurt them at all. It's that whole sticks and stones thing.

Actually writing a letter is a good thing so long as you don't send it.

I think the writing of it can be both therapeutic and useful in focusing your thoughts and reasoning. Setting it aside and then reading it later with a fresh mind can help you get insight into how your remarks might be received and possibly allow you time to see another point of view and come to a better resolution.

LowlyPion said:
Actually writing a letter is a good thing so long as you don't send it.

I think the writing of it can be both therapeutic and useful in focusing your thoughts and reasoning. Setting it aside and then reading it later with a fresh mind can help you get insight into how your remarks might be received and possibly allow you time to see another point of view and come to a better resolution.
I used to do that with boyfriends. Instead of calling them and starting a fight, I'd write down my feelings, then go do something else. It's a way great to vent your frustrations, without venting them at the person you are frustrated with. You know the old saying "May the words you say today be sweet, for tomorrow they may be words you'll have to eat."

After I calmed down, I'd read what I wrote, sometimes I'd realize that it wasn't worth arguing about, other times it made me realize it was time to dump the guy. At least I made the decision calmly and without regrets.

Evo said:
It's a way great to vent your frustrations, without venting them at the person you are frustrated with.

Yeah, I do that with posts too sometimes. I might write a post saying how silly someone is for not say going to see a doctor about a potentially serious ailment and then don't post it and opt instead for maybe something more subtle like a gentle chiding. Works for me anyway.

LowlyPion said:
Yeah, I do that with posts too sometimes. I might write a post saying how silly someone is for not say going to see a doctor about a potentially serious ailment and then I opt for maybe something more subtle like a gentle chiding. Works for me anyway.
:grumpy:

If it was a rash, I would have gone. Besides, I have an appointment with a doctor tomorrow anyway.

Evo said:
If it was a rash, I would have gone. Besides, I have an appointment with a doctor tomorrow anyway.

I'm glad then that I didn't post something like that since it would have been so unnecessary ... demonstrating once again the potential benefits of such a subtle course of action.

Evo said:
:grumpy:

You've still not gone back to the doctor?

LowlyPion said:
I'm glad then that I didn't post something like that since it would have been so unnecessary ... demonstrating once again the potential benefits of such a subtle course of action.
I am, however, planning to set off flea and tick bombs as a result of all of the posts.

Wolram, you're welcome, It's absolutely my pleasure. In more than one aspect.

Evo, tomorrow is one day later than you could have seen him. Go now. There is something like emergency treatment, isn't there? Please, do it.

LowlyPion said:
Yeah, I do that with posts too sometimes. I might write a post saying how silly someone is for not say going to see a doctor about a potentially serious ailment and then don't post it and opt instead for maybe something more subtle like a gentle chiding. Works for me anyway.

I should try that sometime. I always seem to hit the submit reply button. Maybe that's why I keep getting "Notifications"

1. How can I effectively communicate with totalitarian management?

To effectively communicate with totalitarian management, it is important to understand their communication style and adapt to it. This may involve being direct and concise in your communication, using specific and concrete examples to support your points, and avoiding emotional language or confrontational tones.

2. What is the best approach to communicating with totalitarian management?

The best approach to communicating with totalitarian management is to be respectful and professional, while also being assertive and confident in your communication. It is important to clearly state your opinions and concerns, and to provide evidence or data to support your arguments. It can also be helpful to offer potential solutions or suggestions for improvement.

3. How can I make sure my message is understood by totalitarian management?

To ensure your message is understood by totalitarian management, it is important to use clear and concise language, avoid jargon or technical terms, and provide specific examples or data to support your points. It can also be helpful to ask for clarification or feedback to ensure your message is being received accurately.

4. Is it possible to build a positive relationship with totalitarian management through communication?

Yes, it is possible to build a positive relationship with totalitarian management through effective communication. This can be achieved by being respectful, professional, and open-minded in your communication, and by actively listening to their perspectives and concerns. Building trust and rapport through consistent and clear communication can also help to improve the relationship.

5. How can I handle disagreements or conflicts with totalitarian management?

When faced with disagreements or conflicts with totalitarian management, it is important to remain calm and professional, and to focus on finding a solution rather than placing blame. It can be helpful to approach the situation with a problem-solving mindset, and to communicate your concerns using specific examples and potential solutions. If necessary, involving a neutral third party or mediator can also help to resolve the conflict.