How to write BB codes in this forum?

• Thread starter Jiho
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Forum
In summary, to format text in bold using BB codes, use the [b] [/b] tags around the text you want to make bold. To insert an image using BB codes, use the [img] [/img] tags and place the image link between the two tags. To create a list using BB codes, use the [list] [/list] tags and use the [*] tag to create each list item. You can also change the font color using BB codes by using the [color=] [/color] tags and specifying the color using either the color name or hex code. Finally, to quote someone's post using BB codes, use the [quote] [/quote] tags and insert the quoted text between the tags.
Jiho
Hello.

I want to show like this
upload_2019-2-14_3-23-19.png

not
upload_2019-2-14_3-21-40.png

I tried [PYTHON], [Python], [ CODE](Python), etc. But They weren't run. How can I display my programming language?

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-14_3-21-40.png
    upload_2019-2-14_3-21-40.png
    515 bytes · Views: 694
  • upload_2019-2-14_3-21-51.png
    upload_2019-2-14_3-21-51.png
    503 bytes · Views: 306
  • upload_2019-2-14_3-23-19.png
    upload_2019-2-14_3-23-19.png
    513 bytes · Views: 688
Physics news on Phys.org
How about:
[Code=Python]xyz[/Code]
Python:
xyz

Likes Jiho and jim mcnamara
Or, as per this sticky thread in the programming forum:

Read this before posting code! GeSHi Syntax Highlighter

Click the "+" ("Insert...") button in the editing palette, then choose the "Code" option. You'll get a menu of choices for the language (including Python, of course), and a box to type your code into.

code1.gif

code2.gif

Attachments

• code1.gif
    code1.gif
    8.8 KB · Views: 512
  • code2.gif
    code2.gif
    11 KB · Views: 514

1. What are BB codes and how are they used in this forum?

BB codes, also known as bulletin board codes, are a type of markup language used to format text in online forums. They allow users to add formatting, such as bold or italic text, to their posts without the need for HTML. In this forum, BB codes are used to format text and add images or links to posts.

2. How do I add bold or italic text using BB codes?

To add bold text, use the [b] tag before and after the text you want to make bold. For italic text, use the [i] tag. For example: [b]This text will be bold[/b] and [i]This text will be italicized[/i].

3. Can I add images to my posts using BB codes?

Yes, you can add images to your posts using the [img] tag. Simply insert the URL of the image between the opening and closing tags. For example: [img]http://example.com/image.jpg[/img].

4. How can I create a hyperlink using BB codes?

To create a hyperlink, use the [url] tag and insert the URL of the website you want to link to between the opening and closing tags. For example: [url]http://example.com[/url]. You can also add a title to the link by using the following format: [url=http://example.com]Link title[/url].

5. Are there any other useful BB codes that I should know about?

Yes, there are several other BB codes that you can use in this forum. These include [quote] for quoting other users, [code] for displaying code snippets, and [list] for creating lists. It's a good idea to familiarize yourself with all the available BB codes to enhance your posts and make them more visually appealing.