Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How u guys find pdf,docs,or textbooks over the internet?

1. Mar 5, 2004 #1
    how u guys find the pdf,doc,or even the textbook docs over the internet?through ftp?newsgroup?p2p?forum?webpages?
    recently,i am preparing a report for Copenhagen interpretation , hidden variables,and bell's inequality.i am tired using google,i wonder if there's a better approach for finding those resources,
    if u use newsgroup,telling me the server u log onto will be appreciated,eagering for answers if the case happens to the ftp,p2p users.i am really grateful if u guys help me out!

best wishes!
    p.s.if u have better means,please inform me!

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 5, 2004 #2

FZ+

Have you yet discovered the glories of arxiv.org ?

4. Mar 5, 2004 #3

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Did you try the Google filetype:pdf search? Only PDF's will be returned.

5. Mar 5, 2004 #4

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

As FZ said, the best source is Los Alamos National Laboratory or one of its mirror sites. However, the front page of that site is a bit sterile, and you have to know what you are looking for. That leads me to MIT's Net Advance of Physics, which takes many documents (mostly from LANL) and alphebetizes them by subject, making it much more user-friendly.

And of course, right here at PF we have Physics Napster, where we have collected many, many links to free pdf books and articles.

6. Mar 5, 2004 #5
    thx a lot.very helpful tools u guys suggest!

7. Mar 7, 2004 #6

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Another useful Google feature I'd like to mention: searching within specified sites:

site:edu
    site:gov
    site:physicsforums.com

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?