Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How u guys find the pdf,docs,or textbooks over the internet?

1. Mar 5, 2004 #1
    how u guys find the pdf,doc,or even the textbook docs over the internet?through ftp?newsgroup?p2p?forum?webpages?
    recently,i am preparing a report for Copenhagen interpretation , hidden variables,and bell's inequality.i am tired using google,i wonder if there's a better approach for finding those resources,
    if u use newsgroup,telling me the server u log onto will be appreciated,eagering for answers if the case happens to the ftp,p2p users.i am really grateful if u guys help me out!

best wishes!
    p.s.if u have better means,please inform me!

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 5, 2004 #2

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

When I need to find technical papers I go to my university's library website. From there I can search for online journals from various sources. If your off campus you need a valid student id to use this resources, but if you go to the library itself you can get access to these resources from their computers.

If your a university student, try going to the library and ask if they have a similiar service.

If your not a university student, then go to a university that has this type of service.

4. Mar 22, 2004 #3
    it depends on what i am looking for. for general information i use a search engine, for more specific things i use forums, especially this one since there are a lot of past articles and so on.

when it comes to finding whole documents, etc. i use imesh or i look at TextFiles.com.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2004
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?