How well do you know Albert Einstein? - Comments

In summary, Greg Bernhardt submitted a new PF Insights post in which he discusses how well he knows Albert Einstein. He scored a 7 out of 12 on the quiz, which he considers a satisfactory score. He recalls some of the important facts about Einstein, such as his Nobel Prize and his inability to play music. He offers a hypothesis as to why Einstein might have forgotten the year he won his Nobel Prize.
Greg Bernhardt submitted a new PF Insights post

How Well Do You Know Albert Einstein?

einstien_quiz-80x80.png

Continue reading the Original PF Insights Post.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
6-satisfactory!

Likes Greg Bernhardt
And two of those were lucky guesses. :H

ps. Is that a typo in the answer on #6? "He lack respect for politics".

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Also 5... with a lot of guesses. The only things I was sure of were the presidency and the “biggest blunder”.

Likes thecommexokid
I got only 2/12.
I think I know him pretty well except several facts being asked in the survey.

12/12. Unbeatable! :biggrin:

Likes Greg Bernhardt
5...:oldgrumpy:

In Question 12, Einstein's name is spelled wrong.

Ein-Shtein, Ein-Shteen, Vat's the Difference?

Likes DennisN and Greg Bernhardt
8/12, having recently read the biography by Isaacson

4/12 oh yea. That's pro baseball status right there. Only one was a guess, although I didn't know he was in the mustache hall of fame, but what else was it going to be? I mean, look at that mustache.

I got 10/12. My mistakes were in the "Hall of Fame in 2015" and "Einstein became an American citizen in". For a moment I had the correct option in the American citizen question but changed it in the last moment! :frown:

8/12 ; when I had to guess, almost all wrong.

Likes jerromyjon
3/12 I'll be in the corner with the dunce cap crying... LOL!

I was correct with Nobel year, λ blunder, and his big head.

Likes Greg Bernhardt
8. Not too bad for how many I guessed on. :woot:

Likes jerromyjon and Greg Bernhardt
7 correct, no lucky guesses. I'd be interesting to do one on Feynman or Dirac. No one knows anything about Dirac.

Likes Greg Bernhardt
dipole said:
No one knows anything about Dirac.
I do! :woot: And I read a great article about him a while ago... I will see if I can find it again, IBB...
Edit: It wasn't this article I read, but it is a similar one, a review of the book "The Strangest Man": link.

Last edited:
6/12 with five guesses!

Also 6 (definitely the best score). Snickered at the Frozen ref.

I read his biography by Isaacson last year, forgot a lot of stuff.

I got five, but that was just for practice lol. Offered a presidency! Wow, we need more Albert life story movies!

Even if you didn't get a great score at least you know a little bit more trivia about the man :)

7 I wasn't happy with the answer to the vegetarian question (remembering a story about him "eating sausages") but on further reflection, I guess a lot of vegetarians are only so "later in life."

Likes nitsuj and Greg Bernhardt
Greg Bernhardt said:
Even if you didn't get a great score at least you know a little bit more trivia about the man :)

One co-worker commented she had just heard me mention the Einstein presidency offer for the third time lol I was telling everyone...most over 55/60 yrs already knew.

Wonder if it was publicized at the time or soon after...was it a "stunt"? Not sure why they would think he would accept. Perhaps it was offered as an honor.

nitsuj said:
One co-worker commented she had just heard me mention the Einstein presidency offer for the third time lol I was telling everyone...most over 55/60 yrs already knew.

Wonder if it was publicized at the time or soon after...was it a "stunt"? Not sure why they would think he would accept. Perhaps it was offered as an honor.
It was very serious, and they persisted in the offer. Note that in Israel, president is mostly a symbolic post (and this was a lobbying point - he wouldn't have to do much). Yet, in the early days of Israel, anything to add to prestige was highly desired. (Prime Minister is the post with power).

Thank you for the context and role of their president is

9. All lucky guesses

Likes Silicon Waffle

Likes Silicon Waffle
7 Satisfactory

But could he play music?

I got a 6, due to some lucky guesses.

jbunniii said:
I got a 6, due to some lucky guesses.
I'm guessing due to some unlucky ones also. :oldtongue:

<h2>1. How did Albert Einstein contribute to the field of science?</h2><p>Albert Einstein is most well-known for his theory of relativity, which revolutionized our understanding of space and time. However, he also made significant contributions to the fields of quantum mechanics, statistical mechanics, and cosmology. He received the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1921 for his explanation of the photoelectric effect.</p><h2>2. What was Albert Einstein's educational background?</h2><p>Albert Einstein received his early education in Germany and Switzerland. He attended the Swiss Federal Polytechnic School (now known as ETH Zurich) where he studied mathematics and physics. He later received his PhD from the University of Zurich.</p><h2>3. How did Albert Einstein's personal life influence his work?</h2><p>Albert Einstein's personal life, particularly his relationships and experiences, had a significant impact on his work. He often credited his first wife, Mileva Marić, for her contributions to his theories. He also drew inspiration from his experiences as a patent clerk and his friendships with other scientists.</p><h2>4. What is Albert Einstein's most famous equation?</h2><p>Albert Einstein's most famous equation is E=mc², which is known as the mass-energy equivalence equation. This equation demonstrates the relationship between mass and energy and is a fundamental principle in physics.</p><h2>5. What is the legacy of Albert Einstein?</h2><p>Albert Einstein's legacy is vast and far-reaching. He is considered one of the greatest scientists of all time and his theories and discoveries have had a profound impact on our understanding of the universe. He also advocated for peace and social justice, and his humanitarian efforts continue to inspire people around the world.</p>

1. How did Albert Einstein contribute to the field of science?

Albert Einstein is most well-known for his theory of relativity, which revolutionized our understanding of space and time. However, he also made significant contributions to the fields of quantum mechanics, statistical mechanics, and cosmology. He received the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1921 for his explanation of the photoelectric effect.

2. What was Albert Einstein's educational background?

Albert Einstein received his early education in Germany and Switzerland. He attended the Swiss Federal Polytechnic School (now known as ETH Zurich) where he studied mathematics and physics. He later received his PhD from the University of Zurich.

3. How did Albert Einstein's personal life influence his work?

Albert Einstein's personal life, particularly his relationships and experiences, had a significant impact on his work. He often credited his first wife, Mileva Marić, for her contributions to his theories. He also drew inspiration from his experiences as a patent clerk and his friendships with other scientists.

4. What is Albert Einstein's most famous equation?

Albert Einstein's most famous equation is E=mc², which is known as the mass-energy equivalence equation. This equation demonstrates the relationship between mass and energy and is a fundamental principle in physics.

5. What is the legacy of Albert Einstein?

Albert Einstein's legacy is vast and far-reaching. He is considered one of the greatest scientists of all time and his theories and discoveries have had a profound impact on our understanding of the universe. He also advocated for peace and social justice, and his humanitarian efforts continue to inspire people around the world.