How much charge is stored in the Earth with a surface electric field of 100N/C?

• Thread starter physicmania
  • Start date
In summary, to approach a problem scientifically, you should follow the scientific method and conduct experiments or collect data. Some common problem-solving techniques used by scientists include brainstorming, trial and error, deductive reasoning, and inductive reasoning. To determine the validity or accuracy of a solution, you should compare it to the original problem and evaluate the evidence and data used to support it. If a solution does not work, scientists should re-evaluate their approach and seek feedback from peers or experts. To improve problem-solving skills, scientists can practice critical thinking, collaborate with others, and stay updated on the latest research in their field.
physicmania
In fair weather at the surface of the Earth there is an electric field of approximately 100N/C directed toward the Earth (radially inward direction).If the same electric field existed everywhere on the Earth's surface,calculate the total charge that would be stored in the Earth .(E=100N/C , Rearth=6.37*10^6m Eo=8.85*10^-12

Physics news on Phys.org
I think this is a homework!
You should look to the electrical field over a conductor surface with a given surface charge.

Thanks!

1. How do I approach a problem scientifically?

To approach a problem scientifically, you should follow the scientific method. This involves identifying the problem, researching and gathering information, formulating a hypothesis, conducting experiments or collecting data, analyzing the results, and drawing conclusions based on the evidence.

2. What are some common problem-solving techniques used by scientists?

Some common problem-solving techniques used by scientists include brainstorming, trial and error, deductive reasoning, and inductive reasoning. Scientists may also use models, simulations, and computer programs to help solve complex problems.

3. How do I know if my solution is valid or accurate?

To determine the validity or accuracy of a solution, you should compare it to the original problem and see if it addresses all aspects of the problem. You should also consider the evidence and data used to support the solution and evaluate its reliability and credibility.

4. What should I do if my solution does not work?

If your solution does not work, you should go back to the drawing board and re-evaluate your approach. Consider if there are any errors or flaws in your methodology or if there are any other factors that could be affecting the outcome. You may also seek feedback from peers or experts in the field to help improve your solution.

5. How can I improve my problem-solving skills as a scientist?

To improve your problem-solving skills as a scientist, you can practice critical thinking, logical reasoning, and data analysis. You can also seek out new challenges and problems to solve, collaborate with other scientists, and continuously learn and stay updated on the latest research and techniques in your field.