Integrating 2t^2/(1+t^2)^2 with Trig Substitution

• Thread starter Litcyb
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Integrate
In summary, integrating into a new research team or laboratory can be made easier by getting to know your team members, communicating openly and actively listening, and offering your own insights and contributions. When integrating into a different research field, it is important to read relevant literature, attend conferences or seminars, and collaborate with researchers in that field. Challenges may include adjusting to a new culture, learning new techniques, and communication barriers, but being patient, open-minded, and willing to learn can help overcome these challenges. To ensure a smooth integration process, it is important to communicate openly, participate in team activities, seek out learning opportunities, and be open to feedback and constructive criticism.
Litcyb

Homework Statement

integrate 2t^(2)/(1+t^2)^(2)

Homework Equations

trig sub 1+tan^2(x)= sec^2(x)

The Attempt at a Solution

the attempted solution is attached.

Attachments

• photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 392
Physics news on Phys.org
Your derivation is not correct and the method you follow is a bit complicated. Try integration by parts, ∫u'vdt=uv-∫uv'dt, with u'=2t/(1+t^2)^2 and v=t.

ehild

Last edited:
Likes 1 person
If y = (1/3)t + C, then dy/dt = 1/3, which is clearly not even remotely close to the original integrand.

omg! i knowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! i did it. that was so stupid of me. thank you.

1. How would I integrate in a new research team?

Integrating into a new research team can be intimidating, but there are a few key steps you can take to make the process smoother. First, make an effort to get to know your team members and their areas of expertise. This will help you understand their roles and build rapport. Additionally, communicate openly and actively listen to others' ideas and perspectives. Finally, ask for help or clarification when needed and offer your own insights and contributions.

2. What are some strategies for integrating into a new laboratory?

Integrating into a new laboratory is similar to integrating into a new research team. It is important to establish open communication with your labmates and understand their research projects and techniques. Additionally, familiarize yourself with the lab's protocols and procedures, and offer to help with ongoing experiments or projects. Building a strong rapport with your labmates and contributing to the overall research goals will help you integrate successfully.

3. How can I integrate into a different research field?

Integrating into a different research field may seem daunting, but it can also be a valuable learning experience. Start by reading and familiarizing yourself with relevant literature in the new field. Attend conferences or seminars to network and learn from experts in the field. Additionally, collaborate with researchers from the new field to gain hands-on experience and insights. Be open-minded and willing to learn, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

4. What are some challenges I may face when integrating into a new research environment?

Integrating into a new research environment can bring challenges, such as adjusting to a new lab culture, learning new techniques, or adapting to a different research focus. Additionally, you may face communication barriers or conflicts with team members. It is important to be patient, open-minded, and willing to learn. Don't be afraid to ask for help or clarification when needed, and take advantage of any resources or training opportunities offered by the new environment.

5. How can I ensure a smooth integration process?

To ensure a smooth integration process, it is important to communicate openly and actively participate in team activities and discussions. Be respectful of your colleagues' time and expertise, and offer your own insights and contributions. Additionally, seek out opportunities to learn and collaborate with others, and be open to feedback and constructive criticism. Building strong relationships and actively engaging in the research environment will help facilitate a smooth integration process.