How would you end the world?

• Thread starter Jow
  • Start date
Lol I would play squeeze earth like a ball and use it to play basketball...

256bits

Gold Member
Have the humans invent a mind numbing visual machine so mindless yet captivating that all humans will gaze into it for hours on end and forget to do normal activities necessary for the continuation of the species.
Oh sorry. HE has already tried that and failed.

I'd turn off electricity and combustion and throw out like four Cthulhus and a pack of Fenri. After things started getting hairy for humanity, I'd conjure up a Justice League of America just to keep things going, but I'd probably get bored after a while and go have sex with my army of supermodels and eventually Superman would get the W.

Containment

Honestly I'd just wait for some cosmological event in the heavens to wipe them out like a giant solar flare or supernova and then just take credit for it. That or I would slowly raise the earths temp over the course of a few hundred years that way like the frog in a pot they never suspect a thing.

I'd just grab the earth, bring it to the Sun and merge with it. Good riddance of all present and future problems.
Wouldn't you get your hand burned or something?

Just for fun, imagine that you are God of all creation and you accidentally create a little planet called Earth. Rather then destroy it you let it live, because you are a merciful God. When you come back, approximately 4 billion years later, you find that a species that call themselves humans have populated it. These are annoying, pestilent creatures and you decide to do away with them for the good of the universe. How would you kill the human race?
Hehe. If i were a god i should also consider all possible 'predictions' including all emergent factors(brains and consciousness--every knots and bolts--'everything') not just the physics. Why would i kill something that i knew all along. I rather make fun of them; Like make the universe homogeneous and slightly tweak it, put 'darky' in the mix, that will keep my creation @ bay. :biggrin: (ancient alien guys would be very proud:wink:)..

Hehe. If i were a god i should also consider all possible 'predictions' including all emergent factors(brains and consciousness--every knots and bolts--'everything') not just the physics. Why would i kill something that i knew all along. I rather make fun of them; Like make the universe homogeneous and slightly tweak it, put 'darky' in the mix, that will keep my creation @ bay. :biggrin: (ancient alien guys would be very proud:wink:)..
You'll need to use some 'unpredictable' matter from other world to change things in this world according to your wish.

Just how the world ends doesn't matter. What matters is what we can do to save ourselves. Some have thought deeply about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbAqSWCgIxs

kill -9

Works every time! ;)

You'll need to use some 'unpredictable' matter from other world to change things in this world according to your wish.

'Godly complicated' matter/physics perhaps. What's the point of 'god' if you can't even predict. So, i don't need useless stuff like strings and dimensions. :biggrin:. I'll create a self sustaining existence, a system that will last forever just like me. cough*.

Re: How would you end the world? I will :rolleyes: and let physics do the work. But then again, i knew all along what will happen.

skynet

Why destroy them. Just cause the whole rest of the universe to recede from earth until the poor little humans are utterly isolated. It might be amusing to see what sort of explanations their scientists would come up with when they noticed that everything in the universe was moving away. Would they get the hint that maybe they are bad neighbors or would they invent some sort of crazy universal expansion theory.

Mentalist

If I had to destroy them, there'd be no glitz or showiness about it. I'd simply think them out of existence.

But I'm God, so I would not have to do anything I don't want. I'd let them be and see where it goes. There is no need to force your will onto them as if you have to do that, why not just kill them? What's the use in creating something that is wholly different just to impose something unto them? It makes things less interesting by doing that. Just see how those little creatures operate over the course of their lifetime/existence.

Some ideas...
*L.H.C. accidentally creates a huge black hole that gobbles everything up.
*Antimatter meteorite collision.
*Do nothing, they (humans) will it themselves anyway.
*Broadcast the worst of my poems and drive everyone to suicide...

I'd just kill all the crappy humans. All humans shouldn't suffer because some of them suck. So I'd kill off all the bad ones and leave the remaining 10,000 or so to live in paradise.

Drakkith

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
2018 Award
I'd just kill all the crappy humans. All humans shouldn't suffer because some of them suck. So I'd kill off all the bad ones and leave the remaining 10,000 or so to live in paradise.
I doubt there are only 10,000 or so "good" humans on the planet. Most people are pretty good, it's just a small fraction that aren't.

I would do it exactly the way it happened in "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". I would even let them plead and give the same replies that were given in the book. Just for the lol.

See the anime "Death Note", you might find it interesting...

Just for fun, imagine that you are God of all creation and you accidentally create a little planet called Earth. Rather then destroy it you let it live, because you are a merciful God. When you come back, approximately 4 billion years later, you find that a species that call themselves humans have populated it. These are annoying, pestilent creatures and you decide to do away with them for the good of the universe. How would you kill the human race?
Well, obviously, I wouldn't. But if I had to I'd probably go dramatic and say

Me as God said:
"So, you petty humans, you want to know how black holes work? Here's a really big one for you that you will be studying real close. Have fun at the singularity, cheers."

Bandersnatch

Science Advisor
Have you guys seen this site?
http://www.exitmundi.nl/

A collection of humorously disillusioned end of the world scenarios.
I like the one with the Borg best.

jim hardy

Science Advisor
Gold Member
2018 Award
Dearly Missed
Ever read Mark Twain's "Mysterious Stranger" ?

Ever read Mark Twain's "Mysterious Stranger" ?
Nope, saw it in a store but thought it would be a waste of time to read something unfinished and bought another book.(The Poison Belt)
Would you recommend it, Jim?