Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How You Guys Came to knew About PF

1. From Search Engine

13 vote(s)
  2. From Another Website

4 vote(s)
  3. From Magazine

0 vote(s)
  4. From Friends

1 vote(s)
  5. Others

1 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jan 14, 2004 #1
    I posted this Question Coz i came to knew about PF in a unique way When my younger Cousin inquired about web page and when explaining them to him my eyes struck on the page with headline TOP EDUCATIONAL WEBSITES - there was PF and I first registered 2-3 years back with earlier version
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 15, 2004 #2
    i came to it by accident.
    i used to visit the webpage physicsforums.org after that typing it sometime i then decided to check what if i change the address to physicsforums.com at first i came to a webpage of a site trying to sell the name of the adress and in the end i came to this site which was in 2 version.
  4. Jan 15, 2004 #3

Staff: Mentor

I did a google on an aspect of string theory I was interested in and found this site.
  5. Jan 16, 2004 #4

Science Advisor

I was a member at another website called "msn physics", but getting really fed up (it was mostly a dumpsite for damaged cookware). One of the other members was trying to help me understand commutaters (I thought they were a side-dish), when he told me he was leaving that site for good and going to a new site; this site. I checked it out and immediately fell in love.

The new site and I are now very happy together and plan to stay together long-term.
  6. Jan 17, 2004 #5
    Yes the Groups on MSN are rather Slow and inactive.
    And PF(with no doubt) is best for Physics & other Science
  7. Jan 19, 2004 #6
    Me too :)
  8. Jan 19, 2004 #7

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

googled string theory (or was it superstring theory?), found superstringtheory.com, looked, was shocked (I mean, had these people ever DONE any physics?? some very notable exceptions, of course), someone (SelfAdjoint?) mentioned PF, gave it a try, ... and the rest is history.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?