Hows this for dedication?

• Thread starter Beeza
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a man who has pushed, pulled, and carried his handicapped son in a wheelchair through multiple marathons and Ironman races. Despite their age, the father and son duo continue to participate and have even finished in impressive times. The conversation ends with admiration and inspiration for their incredible accomplishments.
Beeza
I just found this article, and I hope it isn't a repost. This man has pushed,pulled, and carried his handicapped son in a wheelchair through the Boston marathon and a 15 hour Ironman!

http://cjcphoto.com/can/

Physics news on Phys.org
Now they've done 212 triathlons, including four grueling 15-hour Ironmans in Hawaii . It must be a buzzkill to be a 25-year-old stud Getting passed by an old guy towing a grown man in a dinghy, don't you Think?

. . .

This year, at ages 65 and 43, Dick and Rick finished their 24th Boston Marathon, in 5,083rd place out of more than 20,000 starters. Their best Time? Two hours, 40 minutes in 1992--only 35 minutes off the world Record, which, in case you don't keep track of these things, happens to Be held by a guy who was not pushing another man in a wheelchair at the Time.
WOW! Remarkable. :approve:

The link won't work for me, but I'm pretty sure these must be the guys I saw on TV awhile ago. Pretty amazing!

Beeza said:
I just found this article, and I hope it isn't a repost. This man has pushed,pulled, and carried his handicapped son in a wheelchair through the Boston marathon and a 15 hour Ironman!

http://cjcphoto.com/can/

Inspirational thanks for that :smile:

Kind of puts your life into perspective, who am I to complain?

1. How do you define dedication as a scientist?

Dedication in science can be defined as the consistent and persistent effort towards achieving a specific scientific goal. It involves a strong passion for research, a strong work ethic, and a willingness to overcome challenges and setbacks.

2. What role does dedication play in the scientific process?

Dedication is crucial in the scientific process as it allows scientists to stay focused and motivated towards their research goals. It also helps in overcoming obstacles and setbacks that are inevitable in the pursuit of scientific knowledge.

3. Can dedication be learned or is it an innate quality?

Dedication can be both learned and innate. While some individuals may have a natural inclination towards dedication, it can also be developed through practice, discipline, and a strong desire to achieve a certain goal.

4. How does dedication contribute to the success of a scientific study?

Dedication is a key factor in the success of a scientific study. It allows researchers to invest the time and effort necessary to conduct thorough experiments, analyze data, and draw meaningful conclusions. Without dedication, it would be difficult to achieve significant results in the field of science.

5. What are some ways to maintain dedication in the face of challenges?

Maintaining dedication in the face of challenges can be difficult, but it is not impossible. Some ways to stay dedicated include setting achievable goals, breaking down large tasks into smaller ones, seeking support and guidance from colleagues, and taking breaks to recharge and refocus. It is also important to remember the passion and motivation that initially drove you towards your research and to keep that in mind during tough times.