How can I add equations to my HP 50g equation library?

• Calculators
  • Thread starter nkk2008
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Libraries
In summary, the conversation revolves around adding equations to a calculator's library and installing programs on the calculator. One person is unsure how to add equations and asks for help, while another suggests downloading the HP50G User Guide for instructions. The process involves creating a sub-directory and using the "Sto" function to store equations as variables. It is noted that the instructions may be difficult to find because the process involves creating and storing variables.
nkk2008
Does anyone know if (and how) I could add equations to my equation library?
Thanks.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Ok, so no one knows how to do that. But, I have another question.

How do I install a program on my calculator? I downloaded a program to my computer, hooked up the calculator, but I have no idea where/how to save the file so that I can use it on the calc. I tried what the manual said, but it did not work, so I am obviously doing something wrong.

Download HP50G User Guide and it tells you how to store equations if you look under how the file structure works.

You need to create a new sub-directory under your home directory...call it what ever you feel like. Change to that directory

Create your equation in writer
Send to stack
Start new line in stack and enter your variable name in single quotes
'name'
Press Sto
You may have to pre create your variable name in the file directory if this does not work.

The reason it is so hard to find how to do it, is becuase you need to look for how to create a variable and store it. You are actually creating a variable then storing the equation in it.

Hope this helps

What is an "Hp 50g Equation Library"?

An Hp 50g Equation Library is a collection of mathematical equations and formulas that are pre-programmed into the Hp 50g calculator. These libraries can be accessed and used for a variety of calculations and mathematical operations.

How do I access the "Hp 50g Equation Libraries"?

To access the Equation Libraries on your Hp 50g calculator, you can press the "LIB" button on your calculator. This will bring up a list of available libraries, including the Equation Libraries. You can then select the desired library and press "ENTER" to access it.

What types of equations are included in the "Hp 50g Equation Libraries"?

The Hp 50g Equation Libraries include a wide range of equations, covering topics such as algebra, trigonometry, calculus, and more. These equations are designed to help with various mathematical calculations and problem-solving tasks.

Can I customize or add my own equations to the "Hp 50g Equation Libraries"?

Yes, you can customize and add your own equations to the Hp 50g Equation Libraries. This can be done by creating a new library or editing an existing one. You can also add your own equations to an existing library by using the "User" option in the "LIB" menu.

Are the "Hp 50g Equation Libraries" accurate and reliable?

Yes, the equations in the Hp 50g Equation Libraries are accurate and reliable. These libraries have been pre-programmed and tested by professionals to ensure accuracy and usability. However, it is always important to double-check your calculations and ensure you are using the correct equations for your specific problem.