1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculators HP 50g - Quick, simple question

1. Mar 2, 2007 #1
    Hello,

I have the HP 50g and I like it. Recently an icon has been light up on top and I dont know what it means. Its a dot with 2 waves on each side. It almost looks like an icon for some sort of IR emission.

Its in between the alpha and the hourglass. I haven't noticed it on before recently. What does it mean?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 3, 2007 #2
    Batteries empty!

4. Mar 3, 2007 #3
    Oh ****! Thanks alot!!

5. Feb 11, 2008 #4
    I have the HP 50g. I can not get my answer in sq root ie absolute value of vector whose answer is sq root 10 shows the answer as a decimal. I have tried different mode settings with no luck. How can I get the answer displayed as a surd/irrational
    thankyou

6. May 23, 2008 #5
    Push and hold down the RSHIFT key (the orange one), then press enter. You should see the tilde (~) turn into an equals mark (=). This will make it so that all of your future entries will be displayed in symbolic form.

Last edited: May 23, 2008
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?