Polyethylene Plug Style Needle Closure Autosampler Shell Vial

In summary, the conversation is about a specific product on Amazon, an autosampler shell vial with a polyethylene plug style needle closure. The main question is whether the plug on this vial is resealable and able to withstand multiple punctures, as it is intended for an autosampler. The individual suggests contacting the manufacturer, Kimble, for more information. They believe that the vial is designed for multiple uses, based on its TITESEAL feature. It is also mentioned that the vial may be used for small volumes of volatile samples. A link to a similar product on the Kimble website is provided. The conversation ends with the individual mentioning that they have a custom application that requires multiple punctures and these
DanielFaraday
I have a question about https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002RS5IKA/?tag=pfamazon01-20 product. It is an autosampler shell vial with a polyethylene plug style needle closure. Does anyone know whether the plug on this vial will be resealable? In other words, will it be able to withstand multiple punctures? Is this implied by the fact that it is intended for an autosampler?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Chemistry news on Phys.org
I think polyethylene is often used as a septa material. Kimble is really good about responding to product information questions, so i would just ask them.

To answer your question though, I would be surprised if it was not designed for multiple uses. They boast about TITESEAL, so it would be strange if they created a well-sealed vial that is only used once--doesn't seem much purpose in that.

What kind of autosampler do you have? Are you working with small volumes of volatile sample?

Here is a link to a similar product:
http://kimblechase.thomasnet-navigator.com/keyword/?&plpver=10&key=all&keycateg=100&SchType=2&keyword=titeseal&refer=http://kimblechase.thomasnet-navigator.com [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks weezilla - that helps a lot. I'm not actually using an autosampler - I have a custom application that will require multiple punctures (maybe several dozen) without changing vials (it's a long story). These vials are the perfect size, so I was just wondering about the caps.

Thanks again.

You're welcome. One last thing you might want to check on is that your needle gauge isn't too large. I think the syringes that usually are used are small caliber.

Good luck,

I can confirm that the polyethylene plug style needle closure on the autosampler shell vial is indeed resealable. This type of closure is specifically designed for repeated punctures, as it is commonly used in autosamplers which require multiple injections. The polyethylene material is known for its durability and ability to withstand punctures, making it an ideal choice for this application. So rest assured, the plug on this vial will be able to withstand multiple punctures without compromising the integrity of the sample. I hope this answers your question.

What is a Polyethylene Plug Style Needle Closure Autosampler Shell Vial?

A Polyethylene Plug Style Needle Closure Autosampler Shell Vial is a type of vial used in scientific laboratories for storing and transporting small amounts of liquid or solid samples. It has a polyethylene plug style needle closure at the top, which allows for easy insertion and removal of a needle for sampling.

What are the benefits of using a Polyethylene Plug Style Needle Closure Autosampler Shell Vial?

There are several benefits to using a Polyethylene Plug Style Needle Closure Autosampler Shell Vial. Firstly, the polyethylene plug style needle closure ensures a secure seal, preventing any contamination of the sample. Additionally, the vial is made of high-quality materials that are resistant to chemicals and extreme temperatures, making it suitable for a wide range of experiments. The vial's design also allows for easy and efficient sampling, reducing the risk of spills or loss of the sample.

How do I properly use a Polyethylene Plug Style Needle Closure Autosampler Shell Vial?

To use a Polyethylene Plug Style Needle Closure Autosampler Shell Vial, first ensure that the vial is clean and free of any contaminants. Then, carefully insert the sample into the vial using a syringe or pipette. Once the sample is inside, firmly press the polyethylene plug style needle closure into the vial to create a secure seal. When ready to sample, insert the needle through the plug and withdraw the desired amount of sample.

Can a Polyethylene Plug Style Needle Closure Autosampler Shell Vial be reused?

No, it is not recommended to reuse a Polyethylene Plug Style Needle Closure Autosampler Shell Vial. This is because the vial may become contaminated after use, which could affect the accuracy and reliability of future experiments. It is best to use a new, clean vial for each sample to ensure accurate results.

Are there any alternatives to a Polyethylene Plug Style Needle Closure Autosampler Shell Vial?

Yes, there are several alternatives to a Polyethylene Plug Style Needle Closure Autosampler Shell Vial. Some examples include screw cap vials, snap cap vials, and crimp top vials. The choice of vial will depend on the specific needs of the experiment and the type of sample being used.