Hubbard’s vector calculus text

In summary, Hubbard's vector calculus text is a comprehensive guide to vector calculus that covers topics such as vector analysis, vector fields, line and surface integrals, and the theorems of Green, Gauss, and Stokes. It is suitable for beginners and includes exercises and solutions for self-study and classroom use. Additionally, there are supplemental materials available, such as a solutions manual and online resources. It is commonly used as a textbook for introductory and advanced courses in universities and is a valuable resource for students and professionals in mathematics, physics, and engineering.
MichaelBack12
Anyone know of an online course or set of video lectures on John Hubbard's textbook on Vector Calculus, Linear Algebra, and Differential Forms?

Physics news on Phys.org
Ted shrifrin has a similar book called multivariable mathematics (I think). His lectures on which the book is based are available on YouTube.

While I haven't watched the lectures or read the book in any detail, you might want to check them out.
I also think there was a course at Cornell based on Hubbard but I can't find the link.

Likes MichaelBack12, Hamiltonian and vanhees71
Thank you very much. I'll check this out.

1. What is Hubbard's vector calculus text about?

Hubbard's vector calculus text is a comprehensive textbook that covers the mathematical concepts and techniques used in vector calculus, including vector fields, line and surface integrals, and the theorems of Green, Stokes, and Gauss.

2. Who is the target audience for this textbook?

This textbook is primarily aimed at undergraduate students studying mathematics, physics, or engineering, who have a basic understanding of calculus and linear algebra.

3. How does this textbook differ from other vector calculus texts?

Hubbard's vector calculus text is known for its clear and concise explanations, numerous examples and exercises, and its focus on developing students' problem-solving skills. It also includes a chapter on applications of vector calculus in physics and engineering.

4. Is this textbook suitable for self-study?

Yes, this textbook can be used for self-study, as it includes thorough explanations and a large number of practice problems with solutions. However, it is recommended to use it in conjunction with a course or with a tutor for better understanding and clarification of concepts.

5. Are there any online resources available for this textbook?

Yes, there are several online resources available for this textbook, including lecture notes, video tutorials, and interactive quizzes. These resources can be found on the publisher's website or through a simple internet search.