Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

HUGE fire at Istanbul Airport

1. May 24, 2006 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. May 25, 2006 #2
    Somthing looks worng with that plane in that photo, it looks like someone put it there photoshop.

4. May 25, 2006 #3
    Um, no, it's definitely real. :rolleyes:

5. May 25, 2006 #4
    Didn't see the plane on TV, but I'm sure the people at BBC would've checked before putting up an image.

6. May 25, 2006 #5
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/5012706.stm

7. May 25, 2006 #6
    It's obviously not a photoshop - look at the orientation of shadows on the wings, look at the interface of the falling water and the smoke.

8. May 25, 2006 #7
    The plane does look weird. But I think your right.

9. May 25, 2006 #8
    you seriously think that airplane is fotoshopped?

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........................:uhh:

10. May 25, 2006 #9

wolram

Gold Member

The props are not moving:eek: is that why he thinks it photo shoped?

11. May 25, 2006 #10
    Somthing just doesn't look right with the way the water is comming out of the plane.

12. May 25, 2006 #11
    It releases all its water at once. Not like a fire hose or anything, more like a bucket.

13. May 25, 2006 #12
    Why, have you ever see the water come out of the airplane before?
    I have, and it looks perfectly fine.

Groannnnnnnnnnnn...........:uhh:

Why is it that every time we get a picture up on GD these days it turns into a 'conspiracy theory' ? :rolleyes:

Last edited: May 25, 2006
  14. May 25, 2006 #13
    Why are you so complacent, Cyrus? Are you sure you're not brainwashed?! Of course the BBC is a conspiracy! It's conspiring with the agricultural cropsprayers, and the forestry service. Forging photographs is only the beginning! Soon... they'll implant chips into Americans' brains... and suddenly everyone will spell "color" as "colour" :eek:

15. May 25, 2006 #14
    Me, brainwashed?

Now if you will excuse me, I am going to go watch FOX news, they number one trusted news source in America, for a 12 hour shift.....

16. May 25, 2006 #15
    I was saying that it's cover up.
    If it's not really plane I thought it would be there to make it look better for the article.

17. May 26, 2006 #16
  18. May 26, 2006 #17
    Turkey is a relatively dry country. The government has been covering this up since 1923. The people there have been brainwashed into thinking that the half-empty glasses of water they have been drinking are actually half-full. This ruse nearly came undone when the fire broke out. It happened at a time when the airport management was taking their water break and there was no water for putting out the fire. They paniced and produced this obviously touched up photo of a 'plane' purporting to drop 'water' on the fire. Good catch.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?