Can the face of others can be transplanted into another person?

• Thread starter new6ton
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Human
In summary, the conversation revolved around a sci-fi movie about a human farm where children were raised to provide organs for wealthy clients. The movie explored the concept of face transplants and the possibility of maintaining youthfulness through these transplants. The conversation also delved into the potential psychological effects of being raised in a closed facility without exposure to the outside world, and the idea of raising humans solely for their faces. The possibility of such human farms existing in real life was also discussed, along with the idea of regenerative cannibalism.
new6ton
Last night I watched a very intriguing sci-fi movie about human farm where children were raised to serve as reservoir of human organs. in the movie it's the face that is removed from adolescents and transferred to elderly rich clients. I can't reveal the title or it would be a spoiler.

I want to know two things about it.

1. Is it possible that the face of others can be transplanted into another person? They handled the rejection part by regular injection of something to the children to alter the genetics or do organs matchups like we do in kidney or corneal transplant. Supposed this could be addressed. Is it true the age of the say 17 year old human face would remain young when transplanted to the 60 year old?

2. Were there cases where children in hectare size facilities were reared or raised just to serve as human farm? Or maybe it's more economical to just kidnap people? In the movie, they were kept at optimal health by constantly taking vitamins and being convinced the outside air is poisonous. So these children were not exposed to any ultraviolet ray and their skin pristine.

I'd like to watch movies about human farm. What titles have you remembered? Also the theme about the whole Earth being a human farm would also be cool.

Biology news on Phys.org
Face transplants have been done.

To me, the concept is not well developed.
If you are going to farm people, it seems there is more you could get from them than just their faces.
Also some might want a face with a tan, or completely different color, or now you could make skin fluorescent with gene engineering.
In the world of SiFi maybe the skin could be photosynthetic or be used to charge embedded electronics in some way.

BillTre said:
Face transplants have been done.

To me, the concept is not well developed.
If you are going to farm people, it seems there is more you could get from them than just their faces.
Also some might want a face with a tan, or completely different color, or now you could make skin fluorescent with gene engineering.
In the world of SiFi maybe the skin could be photosynthetic or be used to charge embedded electronics in some way.

So if the face of a 16 year old girl is transferred to a 70 year old woman. Her face would look like 16 year girl? Can the youthfulness of age of the face be maintained. Cells from the face come from the isolated face?

In SiFi sure.

Did you look at the link? It has a picture.

BillTre said:
In SiFi sure.

Did you look at the link? It has a picture.

Yes. But it didn't show a 70 year old man or woman becoming young again using a 16 year old face. The transplant comes from similar age. In the movie, the entire 16 year old face was skinned and then entire face transferred to the 70 year old making him indistinguishable from a 16 year old.

The movie Face Off has two people trading faces.
In movies, you can do what you want.
In real life, not so much. I would guess a 16 year old face on a 70 old head would result in something in between. This is, AFAIK, not done in the real world.

BillTre said:
The movie Face Off has two people trading faces.
In movies, you can do what you want.
In real life, not so much. I would guess a 16 year old face on a 70 old head would result in something in between. This is, AFAIK, not done in the real world.

About being raised in hectare size facilities. What is the psychological upbringing of people raised in closed facility where all windows were closed and they haven't seen the outside world. If they would be schooled inside the facility. Can they act normally? Has anything like this happened before? I'd like to understand the psychological aspect or effect of it.

They would probably have problems.

What would it matter if they are only after their faces?

I think raising humans in large closed building farms is possible. For example. Many south koreans want to have western faces so raising blondes in human farms is possible.

Therefore studying the psychogical side how to raise the subjects in the farm would require understanding the psychology of it.

It is possible such humans farm already existed. I'd like to know what problems would be encountered. I guess this is no different from being raised inside space faring spaceships.

Regarding regenerative cannibalism. I guess they don't have to raise human farms. Worldwide there are 1 million missing children each year according to

https://globalmissingkids.org/awareness/missing-children-statistics/
I guess some of these children were simply eaten. I heard reports of this before. Movies about this would make good horror flicks

new6ton said:
What is the psychological upbringing of people raised in closed facility where all windows were closed and they haven't seen the outside world.

From the tragic lessons of Romania's neglected children, we obviously need touch and stimulation for mental development. We also need activity for physical development. But it's not obvious that we need views of the outside world for overall development. In fact, for unblemished skin, hiding them from the Sun makes a lot of sense. But in the scenario you've raised, who cares how "adjusted" the kids are. It would actually be easier if they were docile and mentally stunted. Might even be more humane (and yeah, I get the irony of even using that word in this context :confused:).

new6ton said:
If they would be schooled inside the facility.

If you're raising kids solely for their skin, you keep them fed and watered, and pretty much everything else would be ignored. What's the point of spending $$ teaching kids destined to be organ donors on their 16th birthday?

new6ton said:
It is possible such humans farm already existed.

Possible, but not probable. Somebody always talks, it's why I don't believe in large scale conspiracy theories. We'd have heard about 'children farming' by now if there was any going on. Besides which, what's the economic driver? Housing collections of people is expensive! Who's paying and what exactly do you think they're buying?

Tghu Verd said:
From the tragic lessons of Romania's neglected children, we obviously need touch and stimulation for mental development. We also need activity for physical development. But it's not obvious that we need views of the outside world for overall development. In fact, for unblemished skin, hiding them from the Sun makes a lot of sense. But in the scenario you've raised, who cares how "adjusted" the kids are. It would actually be easier if they were docile and mentally stunted. Might even be more humane (and yeah, I get the irony of even using that word in this context :confused:).
If you're raising kids solely for their skin, you keep them fed and watered, and pretty much everything else would be ignored. What's the point of spending $$ teaching kids destined to be organ donors on their 16th birthday?
Possible, but not probable. Somebody always talks, it's why I don't believe in large scale conspiracy theories. We'd have heard about 'children farming' by now if there was any going on. Besides which, what's the economic driver? Housing collections of people is expensive! Who's paying and what exactly do you think they're buying?

Yes, you have a point. The only rationale to maintain such large scale facility is for example when rearing Borg-human hybrids. I remembered reading such article where Insectoid Grey Borg-human hybrids were being reared:

"Recently, I had a case in which a woman walked into a supermarket and found a familiar late-stage hybrid waiting for her there. He told her to go about her normal shopping and he would watch. She went about shopping and he asked her questions about each object that she put in her cart. “What are these?” “These are eggs.” “How do you make eggs?” “You can fry them. You can boil them. You cook them in some other way.” He continued to ask questions of the items and she was required to answer. At one point she put a loaf of bread into her cart and he said, “Do you cook that too?” He was trying to learn. In the last eighteen months I have been hearing these types of accounts from people with whom I have worked for many years. All of these accounts, to put it bluntly, point to a future in which human-looking hybrids will be here amongst us. The evidence is now so strong I can no longer look at alternative motivations for them. Everything I have learned about this subject in the past 20 years inexorably points to this conclusion. I cannot escape it. (http://www.nicap.org/images/humrep/JAR_2007_1st_Qtr1.pdf "A Picture We May Not Wish to Gaze Upon").

Outside of this. It's costly to maintain human farms. But what if all organs would be harvested not just skin? Organ trafficking is as profitable as drug trafficking? Aren't there more complex organ trafficking and farming occurring where children were reared for organ harvesting?

It's an entirely off topic question, but are you treating the Journal of Abduction-Encounter Research as being real?

new6ton said:
Aren't there more complex organ trafficking and farming occurring where children were reared for organ harvesting?

My same thought as before applies - we'd know about this. China allegedly used to harvest organs from executed prisoners, for instance, but it is not like the practice wasn't revealed (and it is supposed to have stopped, though there are reports disputing this). But it's not a 'farm' and it's not children.

So, sure, it could happen (and I can't recall a particular novel right now, but I reckon I've read this story in sci-fi already) but it is a vanishingly small likelihood that it is happening.

Also, @new6ton, can you put the name of the film you watched that kicked this thread off in a 'Spoiler' tag? I'd like to look it up, thanks.

Tghu Verd said:
It's an entirely off topic question, but are you treating the Journal of Abduction-Encounter Research as being real?
My same thought as before applies - we'd know about this. China allegedly used to harvest organs from executed prisoners, for instance, but it is not like the practice wasn't revealed (and it is supposed to have stopped, though there are reports disputing this). But it's not a 'farm' and it's not children.

So, sure, it could happen (and I can't recall a particular novel right now, but I reckon I've read this story in sci-fi already) but it is a vanishingly small likelihood that it is happening.

Also, @new6ton, can you put the name of the film you watched that kicked this thread off in a 'Spoiler' tag? I'd like to look it up, thanks.

What command to you use to hide the spoiler?

Has anyone watched Raw before (no it's not it). Raw is about cannibalism. I had this film but have delayed watching it (and thinking of it now in light of one million children missing each year and wondering if some were simply eaten). I am thinking of watching it tonight or just watching a rerun of Aquaman.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/raw_2017/
"Everyone in Justine's family is a vet. And a vegetarian. At sixteen she's a brilliant student starting out at veterinary school where she experiences a decadent, merciless and dangerously seductive world. Desperate to fit in, she strays from her family principles and eats RAW meat for the first time. Justine will soon face the terrible and unexpected consequences as her true self begins to emerge..."

It has rotten tomatoes score of 92%.

Do some really feel human flesh were more delicious than meat (such as pork or beef)?

Tghu Verd said:
China allegedly used to harvest organs from executed prisoners, for instance, but it is not like the practice wasn't revealed (and it is supposed to have stopped, though there are reports disputing this).

Sci-Fi as usual: The Jigsaw Man

Ps.: I think this direction is more realistic than 'human farms'. Also, there are the possibility of genetically modified animals raised as organ sources.

Tghu Verd said:

found how to do it.

Level 16

To avoid spoiling, just watch all sci fi movies made in early 2019 and it shall be revealed.

Last edited:
new6ton said:
To avoid spoiling, just watch all sci fi movies made in early 2019 and it shall be revealed

But if I did that, where would I find time to post on PF 😉

And thanks for the film, it's not one I'd heard of before!

Tghu Verd said:
But if I did that, where would I find time to post on PF 😉

And thanks for the film, it's not one I'd heard of before!

After you watch it. Please answer why they need the human farm, etc. You could reply in Spoiler too.

About where to get or find the film. It's so easy if you know how.

"It takes all kinds of critters...to make Farmer Vincent's fritters" Movie: Motel Hell

Last edited:
Likes Lren Zvsm

1. Can the face of others be transplanted into another person?

Yes, face transplantation is a complex surgical procedure that involves transplanting the skin, muscles, blood vessels, and nerves from one person's face to another.

2. How is the face transplantation procedure performed?

The face transplantation procedure involves removing the damaged or diseased face of the recipient and replacing it with the donor's face. This is done by carefully connecting the blood vessels, nerves, and muscles of the donor face to the recipient's face.

3. What are the risks and complications associated with face transplantation?

As with any major surgery, there are risks and potential complications associated with face transplantation. These include rejection of the transplanted tissue, infections, bleeding, and nerve damage. However, with proper screening and post-operative care, these risks can be minimized.

4. How long does it take for a face transplant to heal?

The healing process for a face transplant can take anywhere from a few weeks to several months. This depends on the individual's healing ability and the extent of the surgery. It is important for the recipient to follow a strict post-operative care plan to ensure proper healing.

5. Are there any psychological effects associated with face transplantation?

Face transplantation can have a profound impact on the psychological well-being of both the donor and the recipient. The recipient may experience a range of emotions, including gratitude, guilt, and anxiety. It is important for both parties to receive counseling and support throughout the process.