Human movement

• Thread starter Aleci
  • Start date

Homework Statement

well have this little problem for home work, I am to find out how to measure the preasure on the human leg or in my case a mecanic leg. there are different preasure oints as I understand it, with the foot. what I need to find out is what formulas would be used to both make the calculations from the food and up, and then find the preasure on the bottom of the foot, when you take the foot's size in to consideration what the preasure will be then.

The Attempt at a Solution

I have looked in to diffrent formulas as it comes.
(m*g*h*?(v2m)/a
m=mass
g=gravity
h=height (how heigh a human lift thair foot over the ground when they walk)
V= not sure as what to write for it.
a= size of the bottom of the foot.
but if I just find out the right formula to find the preasure on the foot, I have figured out how to get on with my project

apreciat any help I can get

Answers and Replies

tiny-tim
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Welcome to PF!

Hi Aleci! Welcome to PF! :smile:

https://www.physicsforums.com/library.php?do=view_item&itemid=80" is defined simply as force divided by area of contact (P = F/A) …

so for example if you put all your weight on the heel of one shoe, the pressure on that heel (and the pressure of that heel on the floor) is your weight divided by the area of the base of the heel.

But if you put all your weight evenly on both the heel and the "toe" of the shoe, then although each carries the same weight, the pressure on the toe will be less, because the toe has a larger area of contact with the ground.

(In normal use, the weight is not evenly distributed, so you need some way to find which parts of the foot or shoe carries an "unfair" amount of weight)

Last edited by a moderator: