1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Human powered charger

1. Aug 7, 2010 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    34htj5s.jpg

Can some one please help me out on this, i cant seem to get my head around it.

Regards,
    Rob

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 7, 2010 #2
    tell me what you've done so far.

4. Aug 7, 2010 #3
    do you know the equation for efficiency? if not, do you think you can derive it? if a system were 0 percent efficient(0.00), you'd need to supply infinite energy to reach any finite stored energy. If the system were 100% efficient (1.00), you'd need to supply Z joules to store Z joules. Can you think of a relationship between P_in and P_stored that relies on the 0 to 1.00 representation of efficiency that would produce the end behavior we just explored?

5. Aug 12, 2010 #4
    Hi Sorry about the late reply i have been away.
    I have not managed to do any thing on this question it has stumped me from he start.
    It says a human power charger is used but not what charger so i am assuming i can make on up? for instance a bike powered charger?
    Any info to get me started would help me a lot.
    Regards,
    Rob

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook