Human rights and the police (misconduct)

• Thread starter rootX
  • Start date
Looked it up. There was a gun in the car and talk that he was supposedly holding it on the driver.

Again...sounds like OJ kidnapped the driver (?)...no charges for that either.

Again, they had a case against him for murder. If you were trying a case for murder would you want to stop and spend a day or two discussing unrelated charges of supposed kidnapping where the victim did not press charges, ect ect.? Generally the DA figures nailing someone for murder is enough so why bother with incidentals.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Yes they all are criminals (if misconducting in the police department is equivalent to committing crime) by law, but I disagree that they all are bad. One type of the guys (I should point out who are humans - I don't know how you see the policemen but IMO they don't have extraordinary abilities.) are risking their lives so that the other type don't go and harm innocents.

They may not be bad people, but they are bad cops. That's why they were fired.

As usual, it only focuses on how the police is wrong.

I don't see anyone defending the actions of the driver. We all agree that his actions were criminal. But I bet I know exactly what we saw here because cops have told about this practice before: It was payback. The feeling is that if some jerk is going to put your life at risk, then you are entitled to some personal retribution. There was also the fear that he had seriously injured another cop. That's why they didnt' even wait to see if he was resisting, which he clearly wasn't. This time they can't argue that he was resisting but it couldn't be seen on camera, as usually happens.

As I said before, police is a profession like every other profession (and they are also being underpaid IMO for taking all the media and public BS). Most agree that is a tough profession.

Most cops do pretty well financially. But that aside, if they violate the law in the course of doing their jobs, then by definition, they are the bad guys.

Last edited:

You really need to listen to what Statape is telling you becuase your pointless wrambling serves no purpose. I saw a video which basically said what ape is telling you, but I cant find it anymore. I really wish you'd stop with the Glenn Beck like comments and put more thought behind some of your posts. These one liners are really getting old. You really think the DA has nothing better to do than try OJ for running stop signs along the way? Give us all a break.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
If I were a cop and someone tried to kill me I know when I caught up to that S-O-B I would beat them too.

Then we can only hope that you never become a cop.

EDIT: After watching the video, lol, it was WAY too extensive. Like why do they need what 10 cops? punching him in the head when clearly he isn't even MOVING.

Indeed!