Human vs. Attack Dog: Combat Strategies

• Thread starter Chitose
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Human
In summary, the only way to defeat a military attack dog is to avoid getting taken down in the first place.
Chitose
Hello, Chitose wonder chick here again.

It's might be weird and I don't know where else to ask,
but I want to know about when human have to fight against dog.

... A Military Attack dog that is...

I try looking in internet and I found only how to handle when people get attack by normal dog.

What I think at first is, Full growth men are physically stronger than dog, The reason they lose is because they lose their clam fear and panicking.
But my friend says that Military attack dog is whole other story, They strong, smart, fast and deadly.

So, If someone need to fight against Military Attack dog, how should he do it? which part of dog body he should hit to knock it down? or temporary handicap them.

and another,

If someone have to break the pursuer of dog while It tracking his smell, how should he do it?

I'm a novelist so, in my case is my main protagonist have to fight against two military dog at once. (well... he two or three time stronger than normal people and have a well train 'hand in hand' combat.)

He escape dog pursuer by scatter strong spices around place to blind dog nose, can it really work?

Thank you in advance

English is not my native language, forgive me If I'm wrong in spelling or gamma.

Physics news on Phys.org
Military attack dogs are the same species as any other attack dog, I don't know why you should expect to have to hit a different part of the anatomy.

As far as spreading spices around to escape: that doesn't work. Mythbusters tested it.

Those dogs aren't left alone to fend on their own. Anyone who has to take on military canines are going to have a few guns on their heads, too.

Jack21222 said:
Military attack dogs are the same species as any other attack dog, I don't know why you should expect to have to hit a different part of the anatomy.

I think the point is that attack dogs are skilled and well-trained, so techniques that might work on a regular dog might be a bad idea on an attack dog.

For example, a regular dog, not being skilled, might make a clumsy, instinctive attack, simply jumping up and biting its victim (go for the waving arm), thus exposing its vitals to three other limbs; whereas a trained dog might use its momentum to bowl over its opponent and land on top, thereby ruining the opportunity for a counterattack on its vitals.

Alternately, an attack dog might sink its teeth into the victim's neck, setting itself up for a killing blow even if the victim tried to counterattack.

I make no claim about any of the above having any truth, except for the concept that a trained dog would likely require different techniques to combat.

I usually outbox them, utilizing my superior footwork.

Attack dogs are generally trained to attack limbs to debilitate their target to ease apprehension. I guess a attack dog could be trained to go for the throat to kill. A pair of attack dogs would work together in a similar fashion to a wolfpack. They would attack at different angles and move at the same time. Depending on how large they are an unarmed human being would have a difficult to impossible task in taking them both on at the same time. Dogs can recognize a weapon and would avoid something like a knife or log, but I would think your chances would be better using something like this.

For a novel, I would figure that to survive an attack by two dogs it would behoove your hero to avoid getting taken down to start with. I would figure at that point it would pretty much be over.

KingNothing said:

Stay to the outside and try quick 1-2 combos?

KingNothing said:

If you can get them on a hardwood floor they're pretty much screwed

My approach is: "Pitbull, meet 1911A1".

If you can dodge a car, you can dodge a bullet

Office_Shredder said:
If you can dodge a car, you can dodge a bullet

Have you ever compared the relative speeds?
I have dodged more than one car. The only reason that I escaped the bullet is that the guy was a lousy shot.

Office_Shredder said:
If you can get them on a hardwood floor they're pretty much screwed

Now that would make for a novel scene in a novel!

You might escape the dogs, but what about the puppies?
http://dogbitesnotheardeabout.blogspot.com/2010/06/baby-killed-by-labrador-puppy-is-named.html"

Last edited by a moderator:
Woops, I found the myth buster that you mention.

http://youtu.be/sahiHaNVOLs
http://youtu.be/Oq5FehpNVpU

From what I watching, It almost impossible to break pursuer form dog... Dang it, I have to rewrite my work again.

only one way I can think of now is... Tear gas. think dog can handle it?

about fighting the dog, the last method I think of is, wrap it up with both arms, and smashing it to ground with entire human body weight like a Wrestling, I don't think I can withstand 60 kg. falling on top of it.

Chitose said:
Woops, I found the myth buster that you mention.

http://youtu.be/sahiHaNVOLs
http://youtu.be/Oq5FehpNVpU

From what I watching, It almost impossible to break pursuer form dog... Dang it, I have to rewrite my work again.

only one way I can think of now is... Tear gas. think dog can handle it?

about fighting the dog, the last method I think of is, wrap it up with both arms, and smashing it to ground with entire human body weight like a Wrestling, I don't think I can withstand 60 kg. falling on top of it.

Ok, I'm going to have to say that a dog could not handle tear gas. Having been exposed to tear gas I can say I could barely handle it and I knew what was happening.

A dog would not understand why it was experiencing the pain and discomfort and would most likely react by running away from the area.

Pepper spray would work best IMO. If you can prepare for it wrap your forearm in something and "give" it to them and keep forcing it into their bite but you'll have to hold their head from behind because besides biting you they are playing tug-of-war and if you just push in their direction to give it to them they just take a few steps back and do more of the same. Eventually there will not be enough leverage for them to bite. Outside of that stick anything down their throat that's available including your hand.

Be advised though that usually a working dog on a police force or with the military carries the same protection under the law as an actual law enforcement officer as far as being assaulted by you.

I suppose a well time punch in the head as it's approaching. Think arnold punching the camel.

Two, well I don't know.

1. What are the key differences between humans and attack dogs in combat?

Humans and attack dogs have several key differences that affect their combat strategies. Firstly, humans have opposable thumbs and can use tools and weapons, while dogs rely solely on their teeth and claws. Additionally, humans have the ability to reason and strategize, while dogs largely rely on instinct. Lastly, humans have a wider range of movements and can use their entire body in combat, while dogs are limited to their bite and paws.

2. How do humans typically defend against an attack dog?

Humans can defend against an attack dog by using weapons or tools, such as a baton or pepper spray. They can also use their reasoning and communication skills to try and calm the dog down. In some cases, simply standing still and avoiding eye contact can also diffuse the situation.

3. What is the most effective way for a human to defeat an attack dog in combat?

The most effective way for a human to defeat an attack dog in combat is to immobilize the dog's jaw. This can be done by using a stick or other object to pry the dog's mouth open. Once the dog is unable to bite, the human can then strike the dog's vulnerable areas, such as the throat or nose, to incapacitate it.

4. In what situations would a human have the advantage over an attack dog in combat?

Humans have the advantage over attack dogs in situations where they have access to weapons or tools, such as a gun or a baton. They also have the advantage in terms of reasoning and strategizing, which allows them to anticipate the dog's movements and plan accordingly. Additionally, humans may have the advantage if they are trained in hand-to-hand combat techniques.

5. Can a human ever be as physically strong as an attack dog in combat?

No, a human can never be as physically strong as an attack dog in combat. Dogs have powerful jaws and sharp teeth, as well as strong muscles and reflexes, which allow them to overpower humans in physical strength. However, humans can compensate for this by using weapons and their intelligence in combat.